Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just removed my old stock fuel pump and I am installing a new Holley one. The problem is, when I place it in the spot it does not go all the way in. The "pressure arm?" blocks me from placing flush against the gasget to insert the bold. What do I need to do to make this go in? I tried to apply pressure BUT, I am afraid that I am not installing it properly. HELP!

Thanks.

OOPS, just realized it but I should have posted this in the troubleshooting area.

[This message has been edited by mikestr (edited 02-07-2002).]

·
Registered
980 Posts
When you removed the old one, did you stick a bolt through, so rod in the engine couldn't come down? If you didn't, I'm not sure how to get the rod back up, maybe someone else can help.

------------------
68 Coupe, 350 4-speed
Jim's Camaro Corner

·
Registered
60 Posts
Use a pair of needle nose pliers. The rod should not be hard to push back up, you just need to push at exactly the right angle.

·
Registered
503 Posts
You may want to roll the motor over a little. The cam lobe for the fuel pump may have the rod pushed down, making it hard to install the pump.

·
Registered
23 Posts
You need to crank the engine over until you can stick the FUEL PUMP PUSH ROD in as far as it will practically go. It may take a little cranking. THEN use GRease on the upper end to stick it in it's position in the hole (MUCH easier), or as stated earlier, put a LONG bolt in the hole by the fuel pump to hold the rod. It should then go on just fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts