Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 10 bolt Nova rear end and will be installing it soon. The guy gave me some old rusty multi leafs that I am not sure if I want to use (old rear is mono and new is multi). The only thing I have found is this: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HSS-2407C/ or the 3 inch drop version. Anyone recomend anything else?

·
Premium Member
5,989 Posts
What kind of stance are you looking for? For a stock to slightly dropped stance you can't go wrong with the Hotchkis springs in your link.

If you don't want any drop at all, you could consider the JC Whitney 3 leafs or 4 or 5 leafs.

·
19,786 Posts
You can make or buy a spacer and keep your mono springs...or upgrade to new multi springs...your call.
I have the JCWhitney 4 leaf Z-28 replacements and have no issues with them :noway:

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Did the JC Whitney springs raise the car or pretty much put it at stock height??
I can only say that it raised mine but my 69 had a saggy rear(old monos). So I am assuming that it was more stock height. But I also added 1" Eibach lowering front springs. Gives it a nice slight rake. I am using the 3 leafs.

·
19,786 Posts
From the 40+ year old monos that were also bent....yes.

This pic is before dropping the front 2.25"... Rear tires are 275/60/15 (28 tall by 10 wide)

·
Registered
8,349 Posts
D&R Classic sells four leaf or five leaf in OE or reproduction. The multileaf install kit comes with GOOD j-nuts, four u-bolts with nuts, pads, shackles and bolts, and rear bushings and it's only about $90. I have their four leaf reproduction set which is $165. The only issue with it was that the locator pin was bigger than stock so I had to make some bushings for them that would go over the pin but fit tight in the rear end perch. I also used polygraphite pads instead of the rubber ones that came in the install kit.

You can get the complete five leaf kit for $215.
http://www.drclassic.com/catalog/Camaro/Suspension/K00035-STD.html

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think I am going with the Hotchkis setup. I do like the lowered stance. I am not sure what stock ride height is, or how low the 3 inch drop will be compaired to the 1.5. Anyone have any pictures of a 3 inch or 1.5 inch drop?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts