Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I have the lower control arms on, the brakes, the shocks and the springs, I decide to do a search on sway bars. During my search today, I see that most recommend putting the sway bar on first. Now, am I going to run into a problem putting the swaybar (stock swaybar) on with all of the other parts already on?

·
15,370 Posts
Probably not Craig. It should fit right in.
I found it is easiest on my '69 with the front suspension at full droop. I had the front end up on jacks stands. One thing that would have made it even easier would have been to leave the upper control arm bump-stop off for even more droop. My front end was at the same stage as yours is now.... just brakes, springs/shocks, and I installed a 1" bar and it went in very easy that way.

You might not be able to attach the end links yet though... I don't think. Even after I let the car down (with no engine or front sheetmetal), the end links won't bolt up yet. I have to wait till the rest of the front end is assembled to get the suspension at ride height first. Then I'll get the bar parallel to the ground and adjust the end links then.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts