Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone recently installed a repro instrument panel with dakota digital gauges,How did it fit? Also same question for the covans dash,The covans looks good but where do you install a radio.Is it possible to cut a radio spot in this dash? I guess the only alternative is to install a radio in the console,correct.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I also made my own. I made a center panel similar to Boodlefoof that still allowed for my heater but blocked off the old radio hole. I got some exhaust pipe and cut it on an angle to point the gauges towards the driver. Welded these on where the radio used to be. I built a simple console down to the tunnel to hold a CD player (didn't want to cut the dash).

www.abs.ca\robb\robbs68camaro.htm

There's interior pics near the bottom.

Robb

·
15,370 Posts
I don't wanna hijack the thread but.... Robb, that is one beautiful car! I'm leaning towards silver more and more for my '69 but can't get a handle on it. Silver looks so sweet on a '68 with no body chrome, especially with the cowl hood. I love the aggressive stance.

You say they're stock disc up front. What booster is that? Stock? It just looks small in that picture maybe.

·
Registered
204 Posts
HwyStarJoe

Thanks. The color was my wife's choice.

The booster was on the car when I got it. I assume it's from a later 70's car as the master cylinder was not a vintage 68 when I went to replace it. I'm not really one for original correct parts I guess. Work with what you've got...

Glad you liked the car!

Robb

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I FAILED TO STATE THAT I AM WORKING ON A 69 CAMARO,BUT NICE JOB ON THE DASH IN THE 68,REALLY A NICE LOOKING JOB THAT ANYONE WOULD BE PROUD OF!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts