Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone in mass been able to purchase an insurance policy with an agreed upon value..Not stated..But agreed upon..My broker tells me no such thing as agreed upon in Mass...But I have a friend who told me that he has purchased agreed upon policies in Mass before...(now he can't seem to remember the name of his broker or the insurance company)....Most of the companies on the NET are not allowed to do buisness in Mass..Anyone have any Ideas...Thanks

------------------
Retored 76 LE Trans Am 455 4 speed..# matching FOR Sale or Trade for a 68 or 69 big block camaro in good shape
-------------------------
Restored 68 Camaro R/S 327 4 speed
-------------------------
Restored 55 chevy Belair
Blown, Fuel Injected

http://community.webshots.com/user/badcaiman

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have a great Ins. co. that only insures classics. The rates are outstanding! What I pay for 2 months on my everyday diver its the same price for the whole year on my Camaro ($25,000 coverage)
I dont know if I can give the name out on this web site but e-mail me and I'll get you the info.

·
Registered
6,513 Posts
Theres only one classic car insurer that does business in MA because we have such a screwed up insurance system. Grundy will insure a MA resident. WWW.GRUNDY.COM.

I once went to my agent (liberty mutual) for an agreed upon value policy and he recommended that I not bother because the policy in the state is to pay the lower of blue book, or similar cars sold at a dealership (lots of 69 camaros moving across dealer lots these days). He even pulled out some MA state insurance documents that gave the directions for these policies. So in essence I would be paying more for the same insurance.

He suggested that I keep recent pictures of the car including interior, trunk, engine compartment and to start collecting ads for cars like mine from places like Hemmings Motor news, local want advertisers, papers etc. so that should something ever happen to the car I would be able to show the value of the car to the adjuster and if need be the arbitrator. Otherwise they would probably pay me the blue book value of $1500 minus my 500 dollar deductible for the car if it is totaled.

------------------
Mark Canning
1969 Indy Pace Car
350/300HP RPO Z11
My 69 Pace Car

·
Registered
62 Posts
Great American Ins. Co. has excellent rates for classics but your right, MA has some goofy rules and GAIC only rights collision and comprehensive. For all others, I pay $112 a year for full coverage on a 68 Camaro with 10k agreed value and a 64 Impala for 6k agreed value.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Badcaiman

Contact Nixon Auto Insurane in Newton Mass. Their parant company is grundy. To be able to go through them you will need to have an apprasal done - I pay 125 a year for an antique plate + insurance. You can have this done though certifies apprasers in Wakefield MA. If you are interested in doing this I have the numbers/

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts