Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently have Hagerty and was quoted about 800 for two vehicles. What are you using and about how much are you paying?
Grundy quoted 325 for both.

·
14,960 Posts
Grundy

·
Premium Member
2,236 Posts
Mine needs to be stored in a garage. I think I have 3k mikes a year. Non issue for my 1k a year mileage.
and no racing.
So if I wipe out a cone autocross racing,
I have to buff the scuff myself.

that’s about all I recall now. Pretty basic as agreed policy like I had on my boat recently.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What about an over night at a hotel? I go to a car show over in the coast once a year and it's two nights at a hotel/airbnb

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Mine needs to be stored in a garage. I think I have 3k mikes a year. Non issue for my 1k a year mileage.
and no racing.
So if I wipe out a cone autocross racing,
I have to buff the scuff myself.

that’s about all I recall now. Pretty basic as agreed policy like I had on my boat recently.
I don't have any mileage restriction on my Grundy policy (that I am aware of) - just can't be used as transportation, you must have a vehicle for use for regular transportation in addition to the Grundy policy.

Who do you have your agreed policy on your boat through? I may want to do that as well.

·
Premium Member
4,126 Posts
I just switched from JC Taylor to Hagerty. Hagerty was $50.00 more than Grundy. Hagerty will cover your car at the hotel if you are on a car related event. That's one of the many questions I asked, like the power tour is covered as well. No mileage restrictions, and it's guaranteed coverage, and not agreed. It has no line if site clause, and I got cherished coverage . If my car gets totaled, u get the car for free, and get the "guaranteed" payoff. I asked so many questions back and forth.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hagerty...They pay their claims and that's what it's all about...I pay roughly $450 for $50k coverage on my 69

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Grundy. needs to be garaged, can't be DD, no mileage restriction, covered for car events (including hotel parking, I asked), repair shops.

I have a few cars and when I added the 67 for $35k it was $117

I have only made claims for a windshield and a minor fender scrape. Both immediately paid for, painless to deal with

Hagerty was considerably higher

·
Premium Member
2,236 Posts
I don't have any mileage restriction on my Grundy policy (that I am aware of) - just can't be used as transportation, you must have a vehicle for use for regular transportation in addition to the Grundy policy.

Who do you have your agreed policy on your boat through? I may want to do that as well.
I used progressive when I had the boat. Sold it.

·
14,960 Posts
State Farm. Agreed value $50k. $16/month.
Are you sure it’s agreed value and not stated value?

a friend of mine had State Farm and found out the hard way. Stated value and agreed are not the same.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think I am going to switch to grundy after calling them. Much quicker to answer questions.

Also hagerty at 820 versus grundy at 325 for two cars.

·
Registered
1968 Camaro RS/SS
129 Posts
State Farm. Agreed value $50k.
Are you sure it’s agreed value and not stated value?

a friend of mine had State Farm and found out the hard way. Stated value and agreed are not the same.
Thanks for the heads-up! I looked at the policy. It definitely says Agreed Value.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
I've had Leland West for several years, was less than both Hagerty and Grundy. Also I like to drive mine to work occasionally and neither Haggerty or Grundy would guarantee coverage while it was parked at work. Whereas Leland agreed to add a rider to the policy allowing occasional commuting to work. Was a difference maker to me... With that said I've never needed a payout so I can't comment on that side, which we all know is where the rubber meets the road. I have a $60k policy $413/yr. Has all the other typical restrictions on annual mileage, garage kept etc...

·
20,306 Posts
State Farm, agreed value (like it says on the decorations page) $25K @ $220 (I think, wife pays bills)

seems like I may need to look around some as it's been a while since I looked.

·
Premium Member
4,126 Posts
I have heard agreed value, guaranteed value, and stated value. According to Hagerty they all three mean different things. There words not mine. They claim that agreed value can change as market value changes. Meaning if the market tanks, your value can too.
Guaranteed value is just that. It is a guarantee that you will get paid what you have on your contract.
Stated is not recommended as the value will go down due to miles added and wear and tear. Once again their words not mine. When I asked Grundy about the difference between agreed value and guaranteed value, they kinda danced and never gave me a real answer. Just putting it out there. The supervisor at Grundy said nobody has ever asked her so many questions.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts