Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a edelbrock victor jr. intake on my car. open plenum .
the engine dynode at 540 515 with that intake
I have read about the super sucker carb spacer HVH Super Sucker Carb Spacer Height: 1"
Part Number: 264-SS4150-1DPAL

which goes half into the intake and gives a 1/2'' rise for the carb
my ? is if an open intake is good why would one want to use a 4 hole spacer on their open intake

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
Help with better signal to carb at lower rpm, add a little more plenum volume ? just assuming.
They seem to do well on the dyno.

I ran a 1" open spacer on my Vic Jr., and went to the supper sucker 1" on my RPM Air gap, but haven't been back on the dyno since moving to the RPM intake. the lower rpm torque increase was noticeable in my car though. I plan on going back to the Vic Jr again when I go to a solid roller cam for a little more RPM.

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
In 2013 we spent all day with my 427 on an engine dyno. At that time it was 13.8:1 compression on race gas with an old set of AFR 210 heads. I had a 1" open spacer on it with a Dart single plane manifold that was port matched to the AFR heads. After tuning it for peak power with that setup we tried a variety of different spacers and combinations of spacers. Several of them were of the super sucker design. We only saw a slight power increase with taller open spacers. The 4 hole spacers made less power. This was on a 640HP small block.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts