Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 67 ss/rs 396 camaro. The intake is a eldebrock torker II and the carb is a holley 750 double pumper. The problem is that there isn't much clearance, the filter is a 14 X 4 K&N and the base is the drop base. With everyting together there is about 5/8" between the choke horn and the air cleaner lid. And the air cleaner is about 1/2" from the hood. The hood by the way is the big block style hood with the grills. Does anyone have a good suggestion on a carb and intake set-up that would clear up some room. Some day a guy might want to throw juice at it.
Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
The torker II is probably the shortest manifold you can get, from where the intake mounts to the block to carb base plate the torker II is 4.60" , performer 5.4" and the performer RPM is 6.0" so you can't go any lower there. As for the carb an edelbrock would give you more clearance since they don't have the vent tube. Or get a cowl hood.

------------------
68 468 700R4, and here it is;
mutert23

·
Registered
999 Posts
i don't know if this will help seeing that you have a ss hood, but i run a weiand x-celerator intake on my big block with a 780cfm carb and i have a moroso air cleaner, 14x4, but i also have a stock cowl hood and i have enough room. i know hte filter is expensive, but can you go down to a 3" and if you need the air, what about a K&N stub stack? i never used one, but i know some that did and they really liked them.
bruce

·
Registered
610 Posts
Hey I have the same promblem & I used the big block frame mounts! I am at this time using a 3 " air filter in a drop base housing. I am using a stock cast iron Holley intake & a Eldebrock Carb.

------------------
johnny

1 - 5 of 5 Posts