Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
So i'm trying to put all my interior back together. In the dash I realized that I was missing a few things like the wiper motor ground bracket and thought I my wiper motor broke after having it out for about 8 years so I bought a new one...
I also found other brackets I know I took it out but dont know where they belong.
Can anyone please help identify these 2 items and where they would go. Not sure if I need them

I did delete the middle speaker bracket do any of the 2 belong there?

Thanks,
LS

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,299 Posts
Second one looks like the speaker bracket. I know I have seen the first one, but can't exactly place it. I want to say it goes to the right of the instrument cluster. Not positive though.

·
Registered
871 Posts
I agree with Kieth. The second pic looks like a speaker bracket. The first one looks like it goes to the back part of the temperature control unit. I am not sure, it's been a while since I have torn my dash apart. Is it for a 69? .. or what year is your car?

·
Registered
1968 Camaro Convertible 327 210hp
22 Posts
I believe the first picture is the bracket that mounts to the top of the heater box. It holds the cable for the heater/vent control. I would upload a picture but I am too new a member.
Here is a link to a site. Click on 1967-1968 Camaro non A/C third picture. You can see the bracket on the top beside the blower motor resistor.

Under Dash A/C and Heater Boxes

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Silly me forgot the year its out of a 1969 but you all guessed right due to the fact that 69 is the only year with the ground for the wiper motor on our 1st gens.
I want to thank you all for your responses this really helps. I just dont want to toss these things and regret later :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts