Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My kid's 67 coupe is getting painted next week. Originally it was a white coupe with gold deluxe interior and a vinyl top. However, my kid wasn't happy with that so its getting redone as a hardtop Z/28 clone. It now has a ZL2 hood (cowl induction) and rear spoiler and is going to be painted Medium Metallic Blue with white stripes. The interior is going to be changed over to black. Originally I was just going to have the metal in the interior painted semi-gloss black, but now the painter is saying I can also go with blue to match the exterior.

I'm going to let my son choose, but I can steer him in any direction. I think blue would look pretty cool, however since this will be a daily driver, black might be easier to keep up (and touch up) in the future. We're going to be doing the interior ourselves.

Any suggestions? Comments?

·
Registered
807 Posts
Black. Then, no matter what mood swings regarding color take place in the future...no prob! Black goes with just about everything. Just my humble opinion. ;)

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I saw a 67 that was Mountian green with the dash painted with the same color and it looked great. However, a glossy blue metallic dashboard may look a little "cheap" in my opinion. Maybe find the same shade blue without the metallic effects. I particularly don't care for blue and black together and I would go with a white interior with a solid blue dash, blue carpet and headliner. That would really compliment the blue with white Z stripes.

·
Registered
403 Posts
whats wrong with a White car?

I have a factory Black,and its Hot in the sun,LOL.

are you doing a 67 bumble bee stripe or 1969 type front hood/rear deck lid/spoiler stripe?

semi gloss black dash/inside with black seats carpet headliner,etc sounds good to me,

maybe go with houndstooth/or comfortweave seat covers?
save your old stuff,incase you or he wants to go back to original.

hope your son helps to pay for the paint! ;)

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's the skinny. Its got the 69 cowl hood and 67 rear spoiler. Basically its being painted up like a Z/28 clone. My kid doesn't like the Bumblebee stripe. (Kids! :D ) Anyway I'm pirating some of the interior parts, which are currently gold deluxe because I also have gold deluxe interior in my 67 RS.

This car is super straight with no rust. Its been stored for most of the past 30 years and was recently resurrected as a daily driver. The guy I'm buying it from (he's painting it) has already sold the stock 67 front buckets (with headrests) on ebay, and has swapped in some new Corvette highback leather bucket seats (yes they're black) so I wasn't left much choice in color, plus the fact it already has a new black headliner and carpet kit.

My son and I talked and we both agreed that semi-gloss black was the best option. I'll post pictures when its done, in the meantime... here's my 67 RS... enjoy.

http://camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/jg95z28

·
Registered
236 Posts
another thing to think about is blue interior components fade at different amounts and you sometimes end up with about 6 different shades of blue interior...black is much easier to find parts for and black seems to be more of a consistant color with different vendors, you can't really say that with the lighter shades like blue, red and light green.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts