Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came home tonight and found the interior dome light on in my 67. Doors were shut and when I reached through the window and turned the light switch light got brighter but would not shut off. Any ideas would be helpful.
Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
32,603 Posts
Fully CW to the stop, you'll feel it, turns on the dome light.
Any CCW motion turns off the dome light and dims the dash lights when headlight switch is in PARKING lights or headlights.

If dome light is on, but dim, one of two door switches has a high resitance, as in not opening all the way. If you unscrew the body of the door switch from the body, one door at a time, I suspect you will find the faulty door switch. Unscrewing the switch body from the body opens the circuit, light should be off.
Orange wire is power to d/light, white wire is ground when switch is closed, aka, door open.

·
Premium Member
5,339 Posts
I've seen blown fuses cause feed back thru the dome light circuts on some cars. I'd test all the fuses first as it only takes a second or two and then move on to Everett's advice if I didn't find or fix it by checking fuses. good luck!

Jeff

·
14,265 Posts
If dome light is on, but dim, one of two door switches has a high resitance, as in not opening all the way. If you unscrew the body of the door switch from the body, one door at a time, I suspect you will find the faulty door switch. Unscrewing the switch body from the body opens the circuit, light should be off.
Orange wire is power to d/light, white wire is ground when switch is closed, aka, door open.
You could also just push each door switch in and out a few times. Might fix it

With the door closed the would be an open circuit.

Door switches the ground. Door closed ground is open/light is off.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got a chance to work on the problem, seemed to be a short in the driver side switch. Working ok now.
Thanks for everyones input!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts