Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Well,the 69 Firebird had a round light..both cars were assembled on the same line..maybe there was a new kid fresh out of high school that just started working that day and mixed up the lights. Later, the plant manager approached the kid and told him.."Mr. Oval lives in the Camaro and Mr. Roundie lives in the Firebird".

Could happen..

G

·
Mr.roundie and Mr.oval...

------------------
Tony
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>1979 Z-28, 350- Edelbrock Performer RPM Package- TH350
<LI>2000 Gmc Sonoma - 5-speed 4.10 rear
[/list]

·
Premium Member
7,728 Posts
My 02D '69 with the Z87 custom interior has the oval light. Pry very carefully between the edge of the lens and the housing with a small screwdriver and you'll find two or three little tabs on the lens that snap into slots in the housing.

------------------
JohnZ
CRG
'69 Z28 Fathom Green

[This message has been edited by JohnZ (edited 03-05-2002).]

·
Registered
102 Posts
Anyone here have a problem with the dome light bezel melting from the bulb getting to hot? Did someone just use the wrong bulb or is it an electrical problem?

Oh yeah I have the oval one in my 69.

------------------
69 Camaro RS (SS Clone) 350 Daytona Yellow

·
Registered
460 Posts
Liquid40, do you have a repro bezel? They melt, too much chrome. A local part supplier warned me when I bought one that the chrome was thick and conductive and a 68 Firebird went up in flames when the dome light was left on too long. He recommended scraping the chrome around where the bulb sits. I did that and mine still melted. I figure the orignal can last 34 years but a new one can't last two months. Another good repro!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I don't think mine is a repo. Looks to old to be a repo. Unless of course it is an old repo. I'll try and put some electrical tape or some insulation on a new one when I order it. One more thing, where can I buy new bulb clips for the light? I have only seen the whole harness for it. Thanks for the help.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.