Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 1968 Coupe. The previous owner had redone the door panels and chose the ones without the chrome strips in place.
I have all the strips and the Camaro Emblems that go on the doors above the arm rest. The chrome strips do not have any attaching clips on them and I have an interior guy who has a system to re-attach them by using a clip epoxied to the chrome strip and pushed through the panel. I was wondering how the Camaro emblems are attatched. Are they simply glued on?
Any help would be appreciated. (Standard Interior)
When I bought the car the strips were in place with two sided tape. I didn't notice until a hot day and one fell off.
Pretty sneaky on the sellers part.
I could kick my *** for not noticing!

·
Premium Member
6,550 Posts
The emblems are glued on. The original chrome strips for my 69 had tabs on the back that pushed thru the panel and then were bent over. My PUI standard panels have an indentation where the Camaro emblem goes. It is supposed to be glued on, just like the factory did it.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I am also in the process of rebuilding my interior door panels. Can anyone tell me/us what type of glue works best for the emblems?
Thanks

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
I had good luck using a product called "WeldWood" from DAP products. They sell it at Lowe's and Home Depot... I think it is supposed to be for flooring, but it sticks pretty well.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I first tried trim adhesive but that didn't work very well. I then tried weather strip adhesive and that did work well. The good think is that the weather strip adhesive is black so if you don't get it perfect, it blends with the door panels (assuming you have black interior)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts