Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys ,

My car is a 68 model that I am just about finished restoring. I am told the switches that go in the door jambs are either twin or single point. Does anybody know if all 68's came with a single or twin pin switch & if 67's come with the other. Are the switches the same on both doors as at the moment I have one wire for the right side door & there is two wires on the left side but I am guessing that the second wire belongs to something else.

Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
If it's the same as a 69, which I would think it would be, you will have one of each. I believe the dual pin goes on the driver side and single on pass. Your wire harness will tell you right away of the configuation.

·
Read Only
1,253 Posts
Hi JimM,
Hey I think you are saying that the door jamb switches have two comtacts on the driver side and one on the passenger side. And you say that the second pin on the driver side is for the key buzzer. Am I correct on that? I have the right door jamb switch but no wire to it. I guess that the single white wire to the right side goes back to the headlight switch, is that correct? I have a white wire on the driver side that goes behind the left kickpanel and then I assume it goes to the driver door jamb switch. A bit confusing.
I'm also going to install courtesy lights this week. When I get the harness, will there be a connector in my car to connect this harness to if it didn't have courtesy lights originally? Where will it be located?
Thanks as always for your help. Hope this question wasn't TOO confusing. You could just drive down here to Florida and install it all for me, haha. Just kidding.
Thanks
RJ

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Hi JimM,
I'm also going to install courtesy lights this week. When I get the harness, will there be a connector in my car to connect this harness to if it didn't have courtesy lights originally? Where will it be located?
Thanks as always for your help. Hope this question wasn't TOO confusing. You could just drive down here to Florida and install it all for me, haha. Just kidding.
Thanks
RJ
Oooh! Courtesy lights! I've been playing with that idea in my head to do this install on my 67. (mine didn't come with it either, but want to do it just like the factory did.)
I'll be watching over your shoulder on this..........

·
Read Only
1,253 Posts
Hi John,
On my car, I see where courtesy light brackets would bolt up,but I suspect all the cars had that regardless of whether or not courtesy lights were actually installed. I question whether or not the plug in for the courtesy light harness is there on all cars. If not, then it would probably be more expensive and difficult to add whatever conector is necessary and to make it look like it was always there.
rj

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Yeah, I was thinking if the very basics are there, I'd do it, like a plug n go type install, but if it's much more involved, I'd put it on the "I'd like to..." list.

·
Read Only
1,253 Posts
Ha Ha good idea.
I've also changed out my console gauges for aftermarket gauges that actually tell you real numbers, unlike the originals. I was also wondering who else has done this, and what gauges they chose, and how much of the console harness they used. I really hate to doctor up my console harness too much.
RJ

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
I wouldn’t bet the farm on my memory but on a coupe, I think there is a connector high on the driver side kick panel where the dome light plugs into. Now I think the dome light gets unplugged, the under dash courtesy lights plug into there, then the dome light plugs into the courtesy light connector sort of similar to the way some Christmas lights plug together.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I wouldn’t bet the farm on my memory but on a coupe, I think there is a connector high on the driver side kick panel where the dome light plugs into. Now I think the dome light gets unplugged, the under dash courtesy lights plug into there, then the dome light plugs into the courtesy light connector sort of similar to the way some Christmas lights plug together.
Cool! I think I'm gonna do it.
Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.