Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed my headlight switch today.My interior lights are now on and willl not go off. I thought the lights got their[power from the headlight switch and were grounded when the doors were open. So where are my lights getting power from if there is no headlight switch ? It is a 67 Convertable

·
Super Moderator
32,447 Posts
Re: interior lights

Courtesy lights always have power to them, orange wire. White wire, at door switches, complete the circuit by ground through the body screw of the door switch.

There may be a white wire grounded somewhere. Of course, the lights worked fine when the headlamp switch was installed?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Yes, they worked with the headlight switch installed.I thought that it provided power for the lights,and with it gone there would be no lights.What am I missing here?

·
Registered
392 Posts

its the white wire i put a tilt column in my 67 & pinched a wire & mine stayed on .i tried everything to find problem.started tracing wires &found when i put column in i caught wire that runs across dash for under dash lights between column & the metal bracket that holds column up.just run wires down these guys on here helped me.they knowed what they were talking about.that everret is a real sharp tack on electrical problems

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Try twisting your headlight switch assembly (from the back) counterclockwise.
There is the rheostat pad touching ground when you reinstalled the switch.

Simple fix.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I installed my new ACDelco switch today. I could not trace much of the white wire,it is still in the original tape. When I hooked the battery up everything works fine.Don't know what I did,but I fixed it..Thanks for the heip guys !

·
Super Moderator
32,447 Posts
Cool! I wonder what it is about an unhooked light switch makes the courtesy lights come on.............Murphy would know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts