Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had anyone used the interior kits from Camaro central? They have a decent size kit fit around $1300. Was wondering the fit and quality. How is the PUI interior from ground up? TMI is just way out of my price range. TIA

·
Premium Member
3,432 Posts
The PUI kits are not bad . I do suggest replacing your front seat foams, and address any side springs that might be broken. I went TMI front seats. They are good, but not all that. Your factory pillar mouldings are better than the ones in the kit. If you still have yours, I would try to use them. God speed

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Seat covers, $160, foam, $150, door and rear panels $150, carpet $120. Assemble yourself, a days work. I have used PUI and TMI, not a big difference to the average guy. I like PUI. Check all the vendors for price including Rock Auto and Summit, take shipping into account.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Keith,

Thanks for the input. Unfortunately my pillar moldings we’re junk. Will have to make use of the new ones in the kit. Was planning on getting new seat foam.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Stay far away from PUI !!!! I got a front seat covers and foam from them and all the sims on the inside were twisted if i was to install them the way they were you would of be able to see the sim on the outside like an S snake shape, on the back of the seat cover where the white line is on a deluxe interior they are 3 strips that you have attach to the springs thats the first thing you have to do doing the seats, well those strips were missing all together on one of the covers, Nothing was trimmed, the material they use to pull the front and back under it to hook it to the frame it was just falling apart every time I pulled on it. One of the foams for the backs was ripped from top to bottom and they just glue it back together. I called and send them pics talk all the way up to management and after the f--- me around for 3 weeks they told me to send everything back to them on my coin to be repaired. It would of cost me $147 with out insurance to ship everything back to them to end up with garbage again so I decided it wasn't worth it and order everything from Distinctive Industries. I don't know how the new covers will be but from what I been told Distinctive Industries makes good covers

Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

·
Premium Member
3,432 Posts
Mrcool. What you are showing is definitely not the norm. I have used distinctive as well. Not all the lines match up. Every company has a bone head working for them. I have used all three. On a budget PUI is not bad in my experience. Sorry you got dealt a horrible hand. Hope the distinctive is better. Almost has to be.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Distinctive is the cheapest product of them all. I have never had an issue with PUI and have bought a dozen covers from them. One of my cars has the comfort weave for 15 years and still holds up. Kevin, you might be better off buying by the piece instead of a pre assembled kit if you are on a budget.

·
13,734 Posts
Why are you thinking TMI is way out of your budget.

Here's a standard interior kit made by TMI for under $1000 and Deluxe for $1100 with FREE shipping. Classic Car Interiors is a TMI Distributor. I buy from them often and have been pleased with the quality and service.

https://www.classiccarinterior.com/1967-camaro-complete-interior-kit-standard.html

https://www.classiccarinterior.com/1967-camaro-coupe-complete-interior-kit-deluxe.html

The Camaro Central package has the A Pillar covers and door sill plates. Classic Car Interiors has the A pillars for $65 a pair and the Sill plates for $55 a pair.

Door Sill Plates you can buy for less then $200. So the TMI cost ends up $1300 total shipped. Camaro Central at $1350 plus about $150 shipping to CT. $1500

The TMI Deluxe Kit with Gold Series Panels plus about $200 for the other items is $1300. You're at least $200 less than Camaro Central for way better quality.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Vegas,

Thanks for the response and links. The Classis interior you list is just about $1000.00. In the Camaro Central kit is all that plus Door Emblems, Arm rest base and pads, Sill Plates, Headliner trim, Dome light base and lens, Sunvisors, chrom supports and the bushings, Complete rear package tray, seat divider, Screw kit, Dash Pad, 4 window cranks, 2 inside door handles, knobs, plugs and correct windlace. If I had to buy this all separate its about $800 more.

If I didn't have to get "everything" for my interior, TMI would definitely be the way to go.

·
13,734 Posts
You didn't clarify which $1300 kit you were considering?

So you're $1600 shipped from Camaro Central and if you go TMI and pay $800 for the extras you at $1800.

You can probably shop around and the the $800 down a couple hundred IMO

·
Registered
777 Posts
Mrcool. What you are showing is definitely not the norm. I have used distinctive as well. Not all the lines match up. Every company has a bone head working for them. I have used all three. On a budget PUI is not bad in my experience. Sorry you got dealt a horrible hand. Hope the distinctive is better. Almost has to be.
Keith I agree every company has a bone head working for them but it seams PUI has them from the assembly line all the way up to management. What good is it if there covers are abit better then others if they don't back up there product coming up with all kind of excuses so they don't have to do anything for you, I rather spend more or try anything then deal with morons like that. When a company starts insulting the customer to make them self look good they can have there product. I for one will never buy anything they make and I will pass the word to anyone that wants to hear it

·
Premium Member
3,432 Posts
That's very disappointing. I can't handle dealing with people like that. Your product should sleak for itself.if its not up to par as it was described, they should make it right. Beign disrespectful to you will surely make you stop purchasing from them. I will definitely think twice before I use them again. So many companies to buy from, so I'm sure I will make due.

On a side note... The company John mentioned for TMI is a great company. On his recommendation I bought my TMI covers from them. They are stand up.

·
Registered
777 Posts
That's very disappointing. I can't handle dealing with people like that. Your product should sleak for itself.if its not up to par as it was described, they should make it right. Beign disrespectful to you will surely make you stop purchasing from them. I will definitely think twice before I use them again. So many companies to buy from, so I'm sure I will make due.

On a side note... The company John mentioned for TMI is a great company. On his recommendation I bought my TMI covers from them. They are stand up.
I called several companies and some told me they don't make a front bench seat covers so I had to pick company that did, Distinctive does and they guarantee there stuff for life time so how wrong can you go with that. I will post pictures when I get them

·
13,734 Posts

·
Registered
Al - Waterloo, Iowa
4,055 Posts
Kevin, I would at least call Camaro Central to see who's products they're using
to make up the kit. Camaro Central has always been horribly high on shipping
charges. Here's a similar kit in black from Speedway Motors. They list the suppliers.
I buy from them often and their shipping charges have always been very reasonable.
I used PUI arm rest pads and am very disappointed with them. I used TMI for the bucket
seat foam and front and rear covers. The rear covers took a lot of work to fit properly. I
bought the rear padding from a local fabric shop but if I had to do it again I would buy the
specific kit from one of the vendors. I also had problems with TMI's lack of customer support.
If you happen to go with TMI don't buy direct. Go with a company with good support. They will
have better leverage if needed. Also check on the return shipping costs no matter who you go with.
https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Complete-Standard-Interior-Kit-1967-Camaro-Coupe-Bucket-Seats-Black,137276.html

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
I buy the majority of my restoration parts from NPD as they are here in Charlotte and their return policy is never an issue and their prices are competitive. Summit and Tamarez are also who I do business with. Mechanical parts I use Summit as well as Autozone and Walmart.com., free shipping as well. I price check just about everything as the prices vary as well as shipping costs. Classic has good sales and free shipping offers as well. Keep in mind none of these vendors make anything. . . .so prices vary. Having restored over 35 cars in the last 40 years as a serious hobby and for clients, price, service and quality are all important and has allowed me to make good profit on these cars. I enjoy building them more than driving them!!! Like model cars when I was a kid!!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here is what I came up with. I will start with the biggest kit from Camaro Central. For Clarification when I say other items, that menas I'm getting what is equal to the Camaro Central but from other vendors who have it less expensive.

Camaro Central which uses Distinctive Industries seat covers. This Kit has just about everything.
Kit, $1379.00 + Foam Cushion $93.98 + $130.00 shipping = $1607.00

Speedway Motors which uses PUI
Kit, $1194.99 + foam Cushions $93.98 + other items not included in kit but is in Camaro Central Kit = $$1583.00 tax included, free shipping

Classic Car Interior which uses TMI, seat foam included
Kit, $997.57, plus other items not included in kit but is in Camaro Central Kit =$1419.00, free shipping

Ground Up which uses PUI
kit $844.00, plus other items not included in kit but is in Camaro Central Kit = $1376.00 tax included free shipping

·
13,734 Posts
Great job researching for comparisons.

Imho the TMI quality is worth the extra $50 over ground up and $180 less than camaro central

1 - 20 of 21 Posts