Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can find interior parts for a 1986 Z28. I know it's a third generation but that's what my 16 year old daughter wanted/has. tried talking her into a 69 but couldn't concvince her. We need to redo parts of the interior, headliner and drivers seat.

------------------
67 327/210 stock std red camaro convertible, 78 stock silver anniversary vette, 1976 kz900

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Don't know about your area, but here in Dallas, the pick-u-part junkyards are FULL of 3rd generation Camaros. I'd venture to say there are more of these cars than anything else! I had an 82' Z/28 for awhile, and it was easy to find interior parts for........KZ
By the way, since I saw the KZ900 in your signature, I thought you'd like the following picture, my last restoration from the summer of 98!

[This message has been edited by kz1000ltd (edited 12-04-2000).]

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks KZ. Yeah I saw your sig and figured you had one. Bike looks great. I redid my 76 900 3 years ago. I guess I'm getting old because now I'm trying to find a stock exhaust system for it that someone doesn't want an arm and leg for it. Headers are too loud and need replacing. Fun isn't it? Thanks for the suggestion. Pete

------------------
67 327/210 stock std red camaro convertible, 78 stock silver anniversary vette, 1976 kz900

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Good luck on that exhaust, I know exactly what you are talking about. I've restored several Z1's, and those original 4 into 4 exhausts are worth a mint! I've seen them selling for as much as a thousand dollars! Sometimes you can get lucky and find a set at a swapmeet or something, but it's like looking for a needle in a haystack. I've also seen some neat stuff on e-bay, but once again, you'll pay top dollar for it! I used to have a garage full of old KZ parts, at one time about 5 years ago, I had about a dozen KZ900's and KZ1000's, in all states of disrepair! Then I got married, and well, you know the rest of the story. I was told to make a choice, motorcyles or Camaros. I opted for the Camaros......but sooner or later, I'll get that itch again. Probably AFTER the divorce........
KZ

------------------
John D. Smith
69' SS/396
www.geocities.com/kz1000ltd

·
Registered
1 Posts
:thumbsup:hey for your seats, you can use fourth gen automatic seats they fit on the bolt pattern and only require a ground and a power, just changed mine, have a 1984, Z28, redoing the interior and rebuilding the motor, tranny, and rear end

1 - 7 of 7 Posts