Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What type of glue can I use to repair a cracked inner pillar post? (the hard plastic trim along the sides of the windshield) Is there a 2-part epoxy that will work? The cracked area is near the screw hole so it needs to be strong. Trying to save about $70.

On a related topic, my car has deluxe interior and "RPO Z23" interior decor. These pillar posts were once chrome. Is that correct on an RS coupe?

------------------
http://geocities.com/mike67rs/1.html

·
Registered
57 Posts
I used a 2 part epoxy to fix a hole that was in my console and it worked great and is quite strong also. After I died the console, you would never know it was there. The epoxy was intended for repairing flexible plastic automotive bumpers and was even black in color. It dried in a few hours and is also easily sanded. I am not really sure how to replicate the grain on the pillar post though. I guess it all depends on how long the crack is. I bought it at 'Canadian Tire' which be of little or no use to you, but I am sure any auto parts place would carry something along that line.
Hope this helps!

------------------
Craig Wood
1969 RS/SS

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
It is correct for any car with that RPO. You should also have the brite work on the gas and brake pedals also.

------------------
67 Camaro SS Conv.
70 Challenger R/T Conv.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts