Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I swapped radiators. Reusing the same elec fan that I was running. Can't get it to spin now. Called Flex-o-Lite and they swapped out the old cheapo control box, first, for a replacement of the original. That didn't work so they sent me one of the nice new electronic ones with the indicator lights, so I know the new box is good -- or at least think so.

The wiring is really simple, but I can't keep regular power to the box. I tried running a connection directly from a ignition "ON" source on the fuse box, directly to the #9 input, as directed. Even when I was getting 12V with the wire plugged into #9, the power indicator light did not come on.

Messing around, I switched the 12V IGN source over to the #8 input, which the directions say should be the AC Compressor Positive Signal. Well, I'm not running A/C right now, but that got the fan spinning when I had the ignition turned to "ON". But as soon as I killed the ignition and tried to put it back to ON, I lose power at the control box -- but I still have 12V at the #9 plug!

When I get in there with the test light and just poke around, I can get it to come back on, but I can't figure out what's triggering it. I tried touching the #8 and #9 simultaneously, but that didn't seem to work. It was only after I just stabbed around randomly that it would come back on.

Ideas?

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well -- disregard. I got on the horn to Flex o Lite, and they determined that I have a bad probe, aka, temp sensor. They had be bridge the connection between the two prongs that the sensor plugs into, and the fan started spinning. I don't know why, but they said that means the sensor is bad. They're sending out a new one.

I would just delete this thread, but thought maybe I should leave it up in case someone else has this problem in the future.

Thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts