Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a couple of shots of my 69 that I've owned for 33 years (after selling a 67 r/s vert when younger). I was the oldest kid out of 3 and my Dads name was Marvin, I built this car in honor of him and all he has taught me (plus he left left some $ behind after he passed bless his soul, which is the only reason for this car ), plus I should of had this car in High School :D
hear it goes
496 forged solid roller needs a vac pump for the power brakes 650 hp on the crank 7000 rpm red line pro 1 heads and allegedly able to take 150 shot all day long(which I have for it, and it's plumbed).
TVS Hotchkis kit with a rear sway bar and 3" tail pipes ...(that's what f 'ed up my shoulder, I had em off 7 x)
flush glass
Dakota digital AFX dash (blue)
dse head lights with bulb up grade (blue)
de chrome
disc brakes all corners 4 piston front 12" all around
Jason Rushforth wheels (awesome person to deal with)
big thumping stereo
brake bias control thru the driver floor
built T-56 hybrid (I actually has a hate to say it ....mustang tail housing)
3:73 12 bolt
alum drive shaft
and it goes on and on, it literally cost 2 shoulders because I wrecked em putting this together in a claustrophobic garage, I'm 55 .
I don't think this is a pro tour car (no air) but there is no resto mod section here.
Still a werk in progress Headliner and some other minor crap.
I goes faster than anything I've been in(65 mph in 6th gear is 1100-1200 rpm, I feel it will do a duce but the quick steering box makes it a handful at speed). I've had a lot of bikes and v-8 vegas and G/N's in the past. Was filling it up to day and had 2 people take picts. ...made me feel good and also feel like sharing with all of you (this place is a vast wealth of info. which has helped my the past 2 years).
these picts. are from a phone , I have better ones coming when I say it's done (my wife is a photographer). This is not a show car it's a go car.
Cheers Bob :beers:

yes that is not the brake booster I used, it and a Hotchkis vert frame connect kit are soon to be posted for sale here (Pm me).
current work - cowl induction seal.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
one more

oh yea
incorporated slidealinks with Hotchkis it needs em. And everything works Wind shield washer reservoir is original .

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is the current config. and some challenges. There is a z-bar in there some where...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks and I will . The Hotchkis sway bar was a MF'er I actually had reweld the supports on a angle.

I think it shines from underneath just as well....am I a gold member yet :p
I really like your project as well single stripe very nice !

·
Registered
647 Posts
Gorgeous car!!!
What color blue is that?
Are those the Summit Racing seats?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cypher auto on the seats(I hated that they weren't made here) do a quick ebay search. They fit and are made very well for the money. I mounted them on a 3/8 aluminum plate mounted to the original bolt holes gaining a 1" or so of head room, and more leg room.
On the paint -Nissan 350 z blue 2005.
This car was a 230 cubic inch 6 with a 3 on the tree so I felt no guilt molesting it, the only body mod is frame connector's , some extra holes, and rolled 1/4 panel lips. It should have a cage though, I wouldn't put slicks on it without fear of a cracked windshield or worse.

·
19,900 Posts
Nice looking Camaro :beers: Very clean ;)

·
Premium Member
4,806 Posts
I don't think this is a pro tour car (no air) but there is no resto mod section here.
Pro-touring seems to be defined as either having air condition or having a car with a project name. Since your car has a name, your welcome here.:D

Great looking car, looks like a nice build. I built mine in a tiny cramped garage as well, so I feel your pain.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bob,

Read the forum Thread header..."Today's performance with classic style"... this car DEFINITELY belongs here, as do you! Welcome fellow "50-something" ;)

TC

·
Registered
228 Posts
Very Nice!
It looks like you blacked out the chrome trim and door handles.:thumbsup:
I had planned on doing that to my trim also but wasn't sure what would stick to the chrome. especially on the door handles because of the thumb push buttons that scrape against the hole they move in.
ChrisP

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks chrisp1,sorry for the delay I was getting my body rebuilt (2 knees ouch) there billet pieces from Fessler. Paint does not stick to the trim very well. Just got it tinted out, and am going to mount the 150 shot this winter, putting it around 800 hp at the crank just in case I run across a Hellcat.:D

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Finished the grill

Won a award at each show I was in one had over 550 cars

·
Premium Member
1,979 Posts
That's cuz everyone else parked straight within the lines and you were the only one that was crooked - made you stand out with the angle shot :)

All kidding aside - Great looking ride my friend. I am in the process of building a similar monster - god I would love a ride in that thing. Great job!

·
19,900 Posts
800FWHP in a 1stGen....I think the Hellcat would turn into a kitten :beers:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts