Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
3,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha, just thought i would put this web site on the pages so all of you can see all Camaro's are alove and well here in the Islands. www.hawaiianislandcamaros.org
Also check out the Car of the month. has a cowl hood from H##L.
__
Jeff 67/68 & 69 RS's

·
Registered
222 Posts
Jeff, Have you ever seen a '69 SS 396/375 (L78), 4-spd, Hugger Orange w/ white hockey stripe, Black Houndtooth interior car? I have a friend who is also a member here that sold this car to a gentleman in HI and never heard if the car got there or he liked it or anything. Thought maybe you have seen it around.

------------------
1969 RS-Z/28: Matching #'s DZ302, M20, 3.73, Tuxedo Black, Deluxe Black Interior, Factory Tach, Clock and Console Gauges, PS, Rear Defrost, Spoilers, ZL2 Special Ducted Hood.

1969 SS: Matching # 350/300, M20 4-spd, 3.55 12-bolt posi, Daytona Yellow, Black Houndstooth, Factory Gauges, Spoilers, etc.

'85 Z/28, Rare Factory Yellow, 355 TPI w/ Crane Compu-Cam 2040, Crane adjustable fuel pressure regulator, 22# Injectors, TPIS Airfoil, K&N filters, Hypertech ThermoMaster Stage 2 Chip for '85 Vette, 160 Degree Thermostat, DynoMax Cat Back Exhaust, Rebuilt/Updated 700R4 w/shift kit, 3.23 posi rearend.

69 SS #'s Matching 396, TH400, Cortez Silver, Black Houndstooth, Gauges, Remote Mirror, etc.

·
Registered
143 Posts
hey!! nice rides hawiian one specialy that dual quad 67 thats set up similar to mine!! e-mail me and I`ll reply with the photos you asked me about!!! of my intake side and front . King kamama would be proud of those hawiian rides!!! later, Tony

·
Registered
358 Posts
jeff,i tip my hat to your club.....nice camaros.......david

------------------
1969 z11/396 pace car
1969 z28/302 garnet red
1997 brickyard festival pace car #1
1965 chevelle malibu

·
Registered
389 Posts
Nice cars! Nice site!

Regards,
Rob

·
Registered
14 Posts
DW Camaro must be talking about Dr Milton Kim he has all 3 of the 1st generation z/28 Camaros and several other cars. I only know of him because I used to make parts for Xram Z/28s and he purchased some from me. He has the only factory built JL8 69 Z/28 that I have ever seen! The JL8 Z/28 also had V75 liqiud tire chain dispensors on it. The car was Dusk Blue with white stripes. I have some NOS tire chain cannisters if anyone is in need of them.

·
3,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Any idea which Observatory he worked at. There are a couple here on Oahu at eh College and at the Bishop Musuem and then the the dozen or so on Maui. which has the best scope veiwing on the planet. nice web pages and for those that might take a look at them yes we do get snow here in paridise/
---
Jeff 67/68 & 69 RS's
65 442 (2003 project)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Great site and cars. Camaros in paradise...

------------------
1 '68 Camaro, 1 '69 Nova, 1 '69 Firebird, and a whole bunch of bicycles!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hey Hawaii my old camaro the L/78 is in Hilo. Vernon DeMattos have you ever heard of him? He said the drag race there?

·
3,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Name sounds familar but not sure. I'll be looking in the Islands motorsports newspaper and see if he places and what hes driving. would like to see it be a winning Camaro but not if its one you sent over as # matching;
Jeff

·
Registered
302 Posts
Nice cars. I was stationed on Oahu at Kaneohe
(sp) Marine Corps Air Station from 1988 till
1991. There were a ton of 1st gens running around the island. I had two 69's while I was there. The only bad thing was the rust. The salt air just ate everything up. That's why I didn't take one home with me.

Were some of those pictures taken on Oahu?

------------------

Racer#00

Plain Jane 67
76 Trans Am Stock Car
74 Z28 (Basket case)

·
Registered
177 Posts
I was on the Island for temporary duty, for work this past winter. I took time to go to a HI Camaro club meeting and meet some wonderful people. They had some great cars on display at the Blaisdale (SP?) Center in OCT 2000. There was nothing better than checking out the digs at Campbell Industrial Park raceway on Sat night, 6$, racing till midnight, 69+ degress,and a heaping "Ono" plate lunch, simply awesome grinds on the island. Well maybe Wakiki at Noon with a cold one. I miss the place BAD. I will say with my extended stay, I did see a lot of cars both running and rotting. The spirit of Aloha is alive and well in the car enthusiasts on the Isl.

Jeff, I got very busy at Pearl and never got back with you. Hopefully they will "Force" me back to work there again in 2002/03. I will send you an e-mail off line later.

Jim

·
3,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Stop in anytime. with luck the 68 will be done when you come back this way. Super Chevy will be making a return trip back to shot some of the Camaros, when i get a firm date I'll let you know.
Jeff 67/68 & 69 RS's
65 442 (2003 project car)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts