Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im looking to upgrade my steering. Its currently utter garbage. The other day I couldn't turn my car around in a massive open drive way. Pretty Sad.I just spent the last hour reading the sticky for the iroc conversion. I have the following questions for any one thats familiar with it.

My car is stock 67 With no power steering currently

Question...

Since I don't have power steering, I'll need... steering box, pump, pump brackets, pump lines, and fitting kit? Is that correct? Can I use all the parts off the same car? Could I find a 3rd gen and use its pump, box and lines?

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
In addition to the parts that you have listed,you will need a new pitman arm as well. Power and manual are different. All other steering components will work with power or manual.

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
I agree with Paul, by the time you spend looking for all the parts you need at the junk yards and install them just to find out the box needs to be rebuilt or other parts are wore out. Just spend the extra and buy new. Thats what I did, I bought the kit from CCP, with the mounting brackets and a pump pulley also.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can't I buy these parts new anyway? It seems like i will still land under $700.

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
My complete kit was under $700, with pulley and mounting brackets.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts