Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1984 Z28 camaro, with a 305 5 speed. When i let off the gas, the car shakes and slows down very "un smoothly" and rapidly (if i don't press the clutch in, if i do press the clutch in it's fine). It exactly like the engine is cutting out. anybody know the problem? any help would be appreciated, thanks

-carl

[This message has been edited by carls47807 (edited 10-15-2000).]

[This message has been edited by carls47807 (edited 10-15-2000).]

·
Registered
288 Posts
Hey Carl,

See if your pinion nut on the rear end is loose. If the pinion nut is loose the pinion runs normal under load because of the helical cut on the pinion gear, so the oppsite happens when you back off the gas, and the pinion nut has to hold it in place. Depressing the clutch unloads the drive line.

Larry

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'll check that, but i think it's more of an emmisions problem, or something like that. I have an 86 cavalier that does the exact same thing, that has a 4 speed in it. I heard some people say it could be the egr valve, or something like that. It doesn't make noise or anything. I have a other standards, and when you let off the gas they don't slow down as quick, it's like the engine is cutting out or something. thanks for your help

1 - 3 of 3 Posts