Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this forum and ready to buy now! I found a 67 with a "Pro-touring" set up. Experienced people, please tell me what you think it's worth along with pro and cons of this setup.

car ad quote:

"1967 CHEVROLET CAMARO RS, Professionally built, blueprinted and balanced, 454 with approx. 1200 miles. There are too many items to list but here are a few of the highlights: Edelbrock aluminum heads and manifold, Keith Black 10.5:1 pistons, Hedman thermal coated headers, March serpentine pulley system, MSD ignition, Lunati cam, Harland Sharp aluminum rockers, Be Cool aluminum radiator, Richmond 5 speed w/ Hurst shifter, Centerforce clutch, aluminum flywheel,Lakewood bellhousing, Martz Chassis front clip, tubular A arm coil overs, 12" crossed drilled Wilwood disks brakes front and back, narrowed 9" Currie rearend, Hotchkis leaf spings, 18-9.5" Centerline wheels. The firewall has been "smoothed" and painted silver by Troy's in Tracy, CA. The interior is black with reupholstered seats. This car is about 85% complete. The interior needs to be finished, headliner, carpet, and 1 door panel. The car should be professionally tuned to extract more horses and improve drivability . The car is very quick and turns heads wherever I cruise, it just needs to be finished and you'll have a show car. I hate to sell the car but I need to add on to my house and the classic has got to go. I have over $47,000 in receipts."

Thanks for any replies.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Without seeing the car it is nearly impossible to do anything but guess what it might be worth.

From the clip you posted my guesstimate is somewhere in the low to mid $20K range if the body is perfect and needs only the minor stuff listed to complete. Personally I wouldn't pay that much for the car, but that should be a reasonable open market price. The guy might have receipts for $47K in parts and labor, but as we all know you almost never get back what you have invested in your car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts