Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to need a new dash harness for my 69 because my old shop "Lost it" and everything else. Regardless, there is a painless wiring harness in the for sale section. I thought they didnt fit like stock or had something wierd about them. Can I use this in my stock 69 auto/350?

Thanks
Tim

·
Registered
622 Posts
I had real pains with the painless... And I'm good at DC.
The kit was complete, but looks nothing like factory, it had all the plugs (like headlights and wipers etc...) The kit came with a pile of blue butt-splice connectors. All the plugs (save the headlights) needed to be re-wired the wires were in the wrong pins. It was quite a pain in the arse..

I'm in the process of installing a Factory-Fit harness... I'm REAL impressed with it's quality..

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Done many Painless harness's myself and have never had any issues with them what so ever.

They fit like a stock system, with the exception of cutting the firewall to fit the wider fuse block itself.

But, I would say that they are geared more towards a modified chassis as compared to a stock. But then again, no other harness out there has ability of the Painless.....nor do any have increased wire guage and insulation for running higher current electrical systems required by EFI and the addition or a bunch of aftermarket goodies, like high current cooling fans. Plus the Painles harness can be ordered to fit a late model LS1 and drivetrain......or whatever engine/trans you wanted to install to include its accessories.

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
If you want the stock factory appearance and fit I would recommend M & H wiring harnesses. I replaced my original and it was an exact plug in. I hooked my battery up and things that havent worked for over 20+ years actually worked. I would highly recommend this harness if you are staying stock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts