Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car currently has the motor/trans out and while under it I noticed that the alignment
holes for the sub frame are not lined up. When I installed the new eurethane bushings w/the sub frame two years ago, I was sure to line up the holes in the frame with the body using dowels. Now, I find that the frame has shifted about 1/4" on one side and about 1/8" on the other. Understanding that the sub frame is still under the car, and attached at all six points, in addition to the body panels that bolt to the firewall-how do I adjust this?

------------------
1969 Camaro SS 350-383ci./365HP, T-56, 12 bolt, Power Trax Locker, 3.73 gears, 4 whl disc, Deluxe black houndstooth interior, rear window defogger, tilt steering, floor console w/gauge package, center mntd. clock, tachometer

[This message has been edited by Go69 (edited 08-29-2001).]

·
Registered
285 Posts
You will need to loosen up all the mounting bolts then use the dowels again like you did in the past. It should be relatively easy.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had my subframe off to install poly bushings and I did not use body pins to align it when I put it back on. Where are these alignment holes so I can check if I put mine on strait.

Thanks,
Greg

·
Registered
257 Posts
my back tires don't line up, the passenger's actually sticks out more than the other side. I did do a multi leaf conversion and dropped the car one inch using blocks, but I can't see how that would effect horizontal movement.. is it the frame that's off, or does anyone have any ideas on how to fix it?

·
Registered
230 Posts
You can also take diagonal measurements to make sure the subframe and sheetmetal are square. When I did my subframe, I picked a couple of points on each side of the firewall area and measured diagonally to the front of the subframe. I just did this for the sheetmetal on my car this week. We just installed the fenders, header panel, and hood for the final fit and it was a little crooked. I ended up pushing the front of the fenders over one way about a 1/4 inch and squared it up and all of my hood gaps are perfect.

------------------
Rob Rice
[email protected]
http://members.nbci.com/robr54

1 - 7 of 7 Posts