Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello i am looking for a dr side alt bracket, pass ac bracket set up for my 81 fire bird i have converted to a 73 chevy 350 and they arnt set up like the pontiac motor was. Didnt 1st gen camaros have this set up? whould other older chevys have them? do they use a short or long water pump? would i have to use a different power steering brackets?

any help or advice would be appreciated greatly.

·
Registered
305 Posts
'69 and newer with the long water pump should fit. There may be some differences in appearance, but should function. Go to the junkyard and find one with everything you need and transfer it all.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have all of the 73 nova brackets already, the problem is keeping my ac.with most chevys the ac is on the driver side, my f-bird is pass side. I wonder if i should swith ac hoses off a camaro and relocate it (but are the hoses the same?).
look at the junk yards for somthing pre 69 with ac (could be a real challange ill have to try out of town). or bite my tounge and buy a mach 1 pully and bracket set up?

help

·
Registered
287 Posts
You should find what you need on a late model such as the Nova you mentioned. In fact a 73 Nova would likely have A/C to pump hoses which would work since the sub frame is the same. If you are on good terms with your local parts store they might let you spend some time looking thru their parts books to find hoses that would work.

·
Registered
92 Posts
if you cant find the parts used then rick's carries them at 800-359-7717. good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts