Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
l, when i took my 94 Caprice cop car apart it had 227,000 miles on it. when i took the heads off, it looked like it was just put together the day before.

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Very good engine. Had one in my 97. Only problem was a fuel pump in the gas tank.

·
Gold Lifetime Member
4,670 Posts
how many miles they last????
Lots.

Why don't you (1) describe what you have, (2) tell us how many miles it has on it already, (3) what you want to do with it, and (4) try a few searches and I'm sure folks will help.

This is a very friendly and welcoming place, but you have to give us a little information so we can provide useful information back.

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
I sold the car a few years ago to a friend with only 60K on it. He still has it and I see it every day at work. I think it only has about 75K on it now. No major issues yet. The most I ever hear going bad on them is the opti-spark ignition and the fuel pumps. Good preventitive maintenance is also a plus.

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
Opti-spark issues is the main flaw, but I understand the aftermarket has some excellent alternatives. Opti-spark is a pain to get to since it's on the front of the engine and behind the water pump. Otherwise the LT1 is an excellent engine.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I sold my 95 TA with 140K in it still running strong. Only problems I ever had with it was the water pump going out at 50K and a freeze plug around 110K. It was my daily driver and got me everywhere I needed to go. I was one of the lucky ones and never had a problem with the opti.

As others said, preventave maintence is key. You take care of it, it will take care of you. I got the car with 36K so it was well taken care of from that point on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts