Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to change my stock 4 blade with spacer fan to 7 blade clutch fan based on what I've read in these forums. I have a 67' 327 with stock shroud. Will the 69 setup work with a short pump to place the fan inside the shroud or do I need a 67' 302 fan clutch and if so where would I find it?
Thanks in advance from anyone who has made this conversion.
Steve

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
67 327 A/c cars came with the clutch fan. I don't know if it's different than what was used in 69. The repro shops will have it, possibly your local parts store will have somnething compatible.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jim,
You're right, some 67's with AC had a clutch fan but from what I can tell the fan they used was a 5 blade and I'm wanting to go with a 7 blade which was apparantly used on 302 z28s. Rick's shows that the 7 blade fan only fits the 69 fan clutch which (I'm only guessing) might have been sized for a long water pump. Not sure what 7 blade fan fits what clutch that works with a short water pump, so am looking for all advise I can get. Really apprecitate your response as usual.
Steve

·
Premium Member
11,168 Posts
Water pump hub and clutch hub mating is what you have to look for. Some are large base circle and some are small, You should find a universal clutch to mount it. Be sure to space the fan blade about 1" into your shroud opening.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts