Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there... My engine builder wants to sell me some ISKY red zone solid roller lifters (500.00) for my 406 SBC (Approx 500 or so hp) (Comp cams 244 / 254 @.050 / AFR 210's, ect..) which will be street driven. This is not my first roller for the street, but it's my first chevy roller motor. I've been looking at the comp cams endure-X rollers, which are cheaper (300.00). The isky's sound stronger, but would they be over kill? Help !!... Thanks.. A

·
Premium Member
2,405 Posts
I've been real happy with the Crower #66200 standard roller lifters. At $435 a set they aren't cheap either but I ran 1 set for 5 years with 10,000+ street miles. And that was with a .630" lift cam.

·
Registered
63 Posts
If you thinking of going roller I would look at Doug Herbert Performance. Their prices are alot cheaper on roller parts because they manufacture many of the items that are sold under other companies names. lifters, pushrods, and cams. I've been running their CH2 for a few years now on my 383 and love it. Give them a try.

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
And Isky is in the process of bringing out new and improved needle bearing-less roller lifters so you may just want to wait on this a bit..

They will be a WHOLE BUNCH cheaper than Schbeck's and will be a Godsend IF they hold up like they are telling everybody they appear to!!!

pdq67

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
Not really, they just make the lift more accurate which can be equated to a bit of a power increase.

The big deal is that you can run more valve spring b/c the stock rockers and rocker balls aren't good for much over 350 pounds or so, give or take, again, imho..

pdq67

1 - 6 of 6 Posts