Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 1980 camaro i am just wondering if there is a frame in the back i think there is but does it unbolt like the front subframe i have checked a few books on this and it does not say any thing if there is a frame does it unbolt and how? Thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
there is a "frame" to speak of but it does not unbolt, its welded to the body of the car. so when you hear someone say theyve done a "frame off" restoration on a camaro you know they really dont know what theyre talking about

·
Registered
86 Posts
I was just looking into replacing a rear frame rail. I think you can drill out the spot welds to remove the old one with out too much trouble, then you need to spot weld the new one in and make sure you get it straight and in the right place which is probably the hardest part.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks thats what i though but is there any place that sells the rear frame rail just in case! i was uder my car a few times and it looks a littel rusted i dont no if it is just surface rust though

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Rick's First Generation Camaro sells rear frame rails. You cut off most of the old one and this new one has a little notch in the end to fit into the remenants of the old one and replace the cut portion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts