Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In problem solving, I sure could use an online directory. In another post, I mentioned that my starter teeth BARELY catch the flywheel ring teeth. This is the case with the GM flywheel ( part#3973455N ) as well as the new Centerforce billet flywheel. The starter is a Delco-Remy #1109061. It seems like I need another 1/4" of 'throw' on the starter to get complete tooth engagement. Thoughts?

------------------
Rick Dorion
69 RS Conv,355,M20,4.10's and I don't worry about stone chips ( yet ).

·
Premium Member
4,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good to know. I was assuming there was/should be full engagement.

FYI - In my analness, I took my new flywheel to get balanced. When I got it back, there were two VERY small holes drilled, maybe a pencil width wide and perhaps 1/8" deep.Nice flywheel.

------------------
Rick Dorion
69 RS Conv,355,M20,4.10's and I don't worry about stone chips ( yet ).

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I had a problem with my starter but it was because I had pulled the orginal 302 out of my Z/28 and installed a 350. The problem was the bellhousing was specific to the 302.
The engine shop got a bunch of starters and tried them all until they got one that worked.
It seems that there are a number of GM starters that have differend length "noses".
I hope you get what I mean. I could have used another bellhousing if I had known the
302 bellhousing would not work. The only number I can give you is from the work order it says "1 323-364 starter." It worked well and I never had any problems. I have since sold the car.

------------------
Only 69 Z/28s
Garnet Red 30,000 mi
30,000 mi motor
Glacier Blue
Rally Green new in 69

1 - 5 of 5 Posts