Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gas Fender Automotive tire Pipe Terrestrial animal
Vehicle brake Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Rim
Hey is there a way to tell what brand the axles are or narrow it down to stock or aftermarket just with this pic? pics a 68 12 bolt wilwood conversion black calipers

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok. All the lug nuts where frozen. Well one actually still is :) I thought I would just bang out these old studs and slap in some new proper length ones. But of course theres no room behind the axle hub to back them out all the way. On top of that I tried a sledgehammer on the snapped off stud and it wont budge.
So looks like I'll need to pull the axles and have them pressed out. I know this moser rear end is from summit theres a good chance the axles are summit house brand or similar.

thanks!

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've never had an issue getting 7/16 stock studs out. These are a lot beefier 1/2 x 3. Like mention before I hit it good with a 2lb and no go. I have a buddy with a machine shop. It will give me a reason to go say hi. Also check out under the cover. It should be like new but we will see.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes they are pressed in. Another reason I wanted to open this up and see what was going on behind the rotor. I like the ball joint press idea.
Does anyone know why you would put 3in studs on torque thrusts? I think possibly it was a trend mid 2000s? I kind of remember long studs and/or pointy lugs where a thing at some point.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts