Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 68 was hacked up b the previous owner to make room for a cd player in the original radio spot. It didn't come with a head unit so I'm not sure how he mounted it. A local stereo shop has offered to mount and wire my head unit for $60-75. This includes a custom mounting solution in the original radio area, wiring the speakers, and power, etc. I normally do this myself in our newer vehicles, but the kits usually aren't much hassle. Does this price sound fair?

I don't want it in the glove box and I have nothing else to put in the radio spot (Covan setup for guages).

Thanks!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a really good shop, I've had great exeperiences with them. I was able to get a bulk pack of Dynomat Extreme from him for $150 a few months ago!! Plus, he's claiming to have done two or three camaro's this way.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Good price. Moost shops will charge around $50-75/hr. SO with the materials that they will use etc and the fact that they have to "fab" something to mount it right, it sounds like a decent price to me.

Of course its really not that hard and I'm sure you could probably do it yourself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts