Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Muncie 4-speed, with a Hurst shifter and want to keep it that way; however, I want the car to look stock. Could you guys take a look at this Muncie shifter stick for sale on ebay and let me know if it looks appropriate? The great thing about it is that it was already used that way, so has the drill holes. I just need to cut off the base. Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hi erick, :confused: I dont understand what you want to do, do you just want to replace the stick or the whole shifter. What i did was buy a hurst shifter,better than origanal for performance and looks close too.do you have console, if so it would look stock.do you have the other parts for that stick?

·
Premium Member
2,345 Posts
I see 2 possible issues. 1) it is from an El Camino so it is much longer than you need or probably want. 2) It is designed for a bench seat, which is why it has a sweeping curve to the front. I would think with that much curve it may hit the front of a console. If no console, it may work, but you would most likely need to cut it shorter. It is not even close to an original Muncie shift lever for a Camaro, if originality is what your after. I've don't remember ever seeing a 3 speed muncie shift lever for sale. Have you placed a wanted ad in the forum classifieds ?? Jet Car 2000 may have something like that. They were somewhat common behind 6 cylinders and a few V8's.

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone for the quick replies. Sounds like this is a bad match. I will try to answer all of the questions.
1. I do have a console.
2. I just want to replace the Hurst stick with a Muncie stick, which I know others have done. This allows for the functionality of the Hurst shifter, but the look/"originality" of a Muncie shifter stick.
3. I have not placed an add in the classifieds, but I will now!

·
Premium Member
2,345 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts