Team Camaro Tech banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1967 Camaro SS
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
The shop is moving really fast on this. Old subframe/rear end out and the body on the new chassis within hours. Only thing that needed modification was a small part of the inner front fender wells. Can’t wait for it to be on the ground to see how it sits.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,069 Posts
Tank went in today. Wish the Roadstershop website had been specific and stated the tank didn’t include a sending unit. Had to order a Tanks Inc one from Summit.
You're doing it right buddy (y)

So, do they leave the stock rear frame in ? I couldn't really tell from the pic.

This may be my path one day with my car...

·
Registered
1967 Camaro SS
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
The chassis bolts into all of the stock mounting points. The rear frame rails stay in and the chassis mounts inside of it using the same bolt holes from the leaf springs. Since the opening is now smaller it requires a different gas tank.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,069 Posts
If it's not tooo late, X pipe makes a sweeter sound, especially at higher RPM.
I've had both back to back on the same car. I'm stuck with the H pipe due to torque arm suspension. Hated having to remove the X, but H is better then nothing.

·
Registered
1968 Camaro RS/SS
292 Posts
I run true duals. Get compliments all the time on the lumpy sound.

Is that a Maroon showing itself underneath the front fender? Our '68 was originally Cordovan Maroon. The dashboard still is.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts