Team Camaro Tech banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,069 Posts
I read somewhere that an "x" pipe is more of an European sound where a "H" gives that nice deep traditional sound. Just what I read, don't know if it is true.
It’s not quiet as “lumpy “sounding, there’s really no hiding a big cam tho.
At RPM, it definitely has more of a European sound. A bad *** push rod V8 howl.

Like I said. I have an H now, sounds great,
But I do miss the 6000rpm+ sound of the X.

Was just a thought. Your car is sic either way.

·
Premium Member
5,451 Posts
I'm curious as to why you farmed out the frame install? It seems like it's pretty streight forward. I'm putting one under a Chevy 2 at the moment. I'm installing a different brand, but same principle. I'm concidering RS for another build.

·
Premium Member
3,069 Posts
I'm curious as to why you farmed out the frame install? It seems like it's pretty streight forward. I'm putting one under a Chevy 2 at the moment. I'm installing a different brand, but same principle. I'm concidering RS for another build.
Less time
More $$

Just a guess.

I’d do the same, if I had the $$$

·
Registered
1967 Camaro SS
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Oh I farmed out the frame install because I don’t have a lift or access to one. The shop also buttoned up a few things that I have been too lazy to fix over the last 21 years of owning the car. 🤦🏾‍♂️

·
Registered
1967 Camaro SS
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Chassis is installed and the car is home. The SPEC chassis is amazing and makes it feel like a modern car. There is zero body roll and the rear end hugs the ground through the curves by my house. The turning radius is way tighter than what I was expecting. The only body modifications were the cutting of the rear brake line tabs on the frame and some trimming to the rear of the under fender well. The instructions that come with the chassis are great and they show what trans tunnel modifications are needed for almost all of the transmissions available today. I’ll post more pics in a bit. Gotta go for a drive 💪🏽

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Chassis is installed and the car is home. The SPEC chassis is amazing and makes it feel like a modern car. There is zero body roll and the rear end hugs the ground through the curves by my house. The turning radius is way tighter than what I was expecting. The only body modifications were the cutting of the rear brake line tabs on the frame and some trimming to the rear of the under fender well. The instructions that come with the chassis are great and they show what trans tunnel modifications are needed for almost all of the transmissions available today. I’ll post more pics in a bit. Gotta go for a drive 💪🏽
Please share the alignment specs for the SPEC Chassis.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Wow, really nice! It looks like you did your homework up front, that was a quick install. Pictures are great but I want to see a video carving up the curves. Very nice car man!

41 - 48 of 48 Posts