Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 69 camaro with the lt1 swap done. After I put the engine in the old manifolds would not clear my power steering box. So I called up Jegs told them my problem and asked if they had a header that would work. They came up with some header and said it had to be ordered well that was about two months ago and I just got them mon. and they would not fit, so I have pulled my power steering so I can finally start the engine. Anyone have an idea or should I go without power steering. Thank you

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have headers and ended up grinding one of the tits off the PS box to keep it from hitting, there pretty thick.

------------------
69 convertible
LT1 4L60E

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have a '97 LT1 and 6speed in my '67.

I have power steering.

I got a set of brand new Thorley headers which clear (just barely) everything, even the power steering box. Sure, it's only a 1/2" clearance, but that's as good as a mile.

These are tri-Y design headers into which I tapped the collectors for my O2 sensors.

hope this helps,
David

·
Registered
1 Posts
did you get headers that fit your engine or headers that fit your frame. If you go with 1 3/4" headers that fit the frame of your vehicle with P/S you will not have a problem. This is what I figured out while on the phone with JetHot. I odnt know if Jegs would have told you the same thing.

68 LT1 Firebird

1 - 7 of 7 Posts