Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...to golf the way I do! (Sorry, had a bad day on the course and had to vent :D)

·
Gold Lifetime Member
3,360 Posts
I went to the driving range today at lunch, I stink. :yes:

·
Premium Member
2,900 Posts
the worst day golfing is still better then the best day working!

·
Premium Member
5,325 Posts
the worst day golfing is still better then the best day working!
Got that right!! :thumbsup: Not playing much right now, but I got to get out to the range to get ready for my match with Dreamweaver this summer...LOL Remember, whoever hits the best bad shots, wins...... :D

·
Premium Member
2,411 Posts
I hate watching golf on TV. I think watching grass grow or paint dry is more exciting. Playing it is a waste of money. Nothing but a bunch of arrogant snobs. Back when I used to go to the range in the late 1980's & early 1990's I was a kid wearing my hockey jersey one day and Motley Crue T-shirt the next. And for you snobs out there I have been in a white collar instead of blue collar job for the last 9 years.

Most first gen Camaro enthusiats I have met who golf in the 78-82 range for 18 holes will rip on my Camaro. God forbid it isn't 100% factory correct including the bolts, rip on the fact in has an MSD distributor, a gas tank with a sump. Or hate full manual valve body automatics. They hated my old Camaro as well and drove their Land Rover back in the day when I had my Z28 or IROC.

In my spare time when I am not spending it with my family including: wife, son, neice or nephew I prefer to lift weights or figure out how to pi$$ off some purist because I put a Flex-A-Lite Black Magic Extreme fan in my car and an after market battery.

And yes I can outhink my bosses boss and he worships golf on TV. Yuck!! I can act liek a yuppie but I prefer not to play a yuppie in my spare time. Playing golf is one thing, but how can you guys stand watching that [email protected] on TV!! Golf on TV = BOOOOOOOORRRRRRRIIIIIIING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,325 Posts
Nothing but a bunch of arrogant snobs.
Man, I hope that wasn't directed my way...if so, you are way off, and out of line....Most golfers I play with at the club I belong to are a fun bunch and we have a great time doing it...I do run into the occasional arrogant snob you mentioned but they are few and far. To say that we are all a bunch of arrogant snobs is uncalled for. To each their own I say.......:sad: Mike

·
Premium Member
2,568 Posts
Add Van and you could be the 3 Stooges... :p
Got that right!! :thumbsup: Not playing much right now, but I got to get out to the range to get ready for my match with Dreamweaver this summer...LOL Remember, whoever hits the best bad shots, wins...... :D

·
Premium Member
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Golf; Camaros; whatever. Its all about having fun. Must of hit a nerve there. Every sport/hobby has its (snobs). I golf with a bunch of construction workers, no snobs here. Its a very humbling sport.

·
Registered
574 Posts
[quote=Playing it is a waste of money. Nothing but a bunch of arrogant snobs.[quote}
Wow! Just cause I like to play a round of golf I am a Camaro owners worst enemy! By the way, the course I play is part of the college campus I work at, $20.00 will let you play all day. Yes, it is open to the public and that is the cost! It is a very nice 18 hole course too! Golf is by far the most social sport I know of. I have met lots of really nice people playing golf!! I have never been very athletic but am a weight lifter (on "sabatical" at the moment --health reasons). I guess I never thought of golf as a "YUPPI" thing to do! Where else can you drive around on a nice day drinking beer and wacking a little ball around on a beautiful lawn? I drive a major POS, hailed out old Cavalier and have yet to have anyone even mention what kind of car I drive.
Can't say I much like watching golf on T.V. either --try playing it sometime though -might find you like it.

·
Premium Member
2,411 Posts
Not at all guys. Zuma, it was not directed to you or anyone else. The snob comment was directed toward some of the people on the golf range when I went who would thumb their nose at kids barely old enough to drink and driving anything older than 2 years of age which in today's dollars would be 100 grand. Some of my co-workers play golf and they are the coolest guys you will ever meet. Golf is big in the banking & finance business. It is all about having fun. The comments were directed to my former bosses boss and he knows it too!! And that guy likes to go to Martha's Vinyard and rub elbows with politician's. He is one of the most arrogant people you will ever meet. The funny thing is the guy that is #2 in the entire company is one of the coolest guys you will ever meet. Luckliy that is his boss who keeps him in line. I can't mention names on who's who or where on a public website.

That guy (the jerk) thinks anyone who does not own a $120,000 S Class Mercedes, or better yet a Bentley that costs 200 grand, a 3.1 million dollar home, have an Ivy League education and live in the most upscale suburb of Chicago, LaJolla, CA. (I loved LaJolla when I went there), or Martha's Vinyard is a piece of garbage.

Sorry I forgot to say I played golf before and thought it was pretty cool. I get a kick out of a high ranking mamagement official at a company I was with who said he gets more tired playing golf then when he played football and lacrosse in college. I guess he was a 4th string kicker in college or a deep bench player in lacrosse. How can golf be more tiring than NCAA Football or Lacrosse?? Now I can tell you for a fact he is Yuppy scum and he think's his brain is God's gift to mankind.

P.S. I miss going to the driving range and my son loves to go miniature golfing and so do I. But I still hate watching it on TV. Sorry I was just venting because that guy I mentioned above thinks anyone lower than him is lower than pond scum. He golfs in the low 70's to about 82 on a bad day and said he should turn pro. I can't say his name but he's a real piece of work. Thank God his boss keeps him in line and my boss has told him off a time or two. This also includes one of the local upper management guys who is a jerk. But thankfully some of my bosses and former bosses are cool and love Camaro's, golf, etc. I guess it depends on the person. I can tell you I have worked with great guys who loved golf and guys who thought anyone making less than a 7 figure salary is pond scum. Even the guys who were consistently making 150g per year even in a bad year were not good enough for this guy. God forbid you were not making high 6 figures or low 7 figures in income. I hope his golf clubs get infested with metal eating termites!!

P.S. I'm much better on a par 4 or 5 than par 2 or 3 (more margin for error). But golf on TV stinks!! It's boring!! P.S. And I hope the jerk bosses I mentioned have all the wood trim accents in their cars eaten by termites as well. Sorry!! I did not mean to offend anyone, I just can't stand some of the individuals at this one particular company who think their stuff does not stink. Real pieces of work I tell ya...Honey I'm going on a business trip. Yea right. That's when he takes one of the single employees and bangs her. Someday his wife will find out. Then I hope his divorce costs more than all three of Donald Trump's (or was that two of Trump's) combined!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Rick,
Have you desert golf!! I went to visit my family in Quartsite AZ.a couple weeks ago, and my uncle took me desert golfing (my first time desert golfing,they built 3 coarses in the area)WOW can that ball bounce!!! and the catus,tumbelweeds are terrable.But you have to watch out for the critters/snakes. It remindes me of a long put-put course.
The best thing.....IT'S FREE

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Hey South Side.....tell us how ya really feel about your boss!
Agree he may be a jerk, but that certainly doesn't make golf a bad game just because that jerk plays it. Sorry, Was a PGA Pro for nine years....gotta defend it.

·
Premium Member
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Premium Member
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Rick,
Have you desert golf!! I went to visit my family in Quartsite AZ.a couple weeks ago, and my uncle took me desert golfing (my first time desert golfing,they built 3 coarses in the area)WOW can that ball bounce!!! and the catus,tumbelweeds are terrable.But you have to watch out for the critters/snakes. It remindes me of a long put-put course.
The best thing.....IT'S FREE

·
Premium Member
2,411 Posts
Thanks thorpe67RS. I hope though one of your golf balls travels an extra 50 yards and conks this guy in the noggen. No I don't wish death on the guy. Just a good wake up call and maybe he will realize that he is giving people who enjoy golf a bad name. He's making everyone think golf should be played by elitists. You should see him when he gets a score of 79 or below. God forbid he gets 74 or a 75. He acts like he could be the next Tiger Woods, Arnold Palmer, Jack Nickolaus, Vijay Sing, Sergio Garcia, Greg Norman, Ernie Ells, etc. etc. all rolled up into one. An 82 is a great score. I'll be lucky to break 120 on a good day or 150 on a bad day. MAYBE 350 on a really bad day.... It's not good when your golf score is greater than your cubic inch displacement in your Camaro.

P.S. You can rip on my Camaro. I'm fine with that. I call it a piece of crap everyday.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Golf is a lot of fun, and yeah there are some snobs, but hey, there are jerks everywhere. Me and some of my buddies just started going regularly on saturdays. best ive done so far is like 100, i suck but practice makes perfect lol

·
Registered
523 Posts
Southside-run out of meds??

·
15,370 Posts
Matt, nothing wrong with shooting 100. Most golfers, and there are gazillions, never break 100 and love every minute of it. There are far more scratch golfers than people with 8 handicaps. :)

I grew up golfing, and when I wasn't, I was caddying for my father. I've never needed to buy a set of clubs because I always get his! My wifes cousin gave me a used set of graphite shaft Taylor-made Burners a few months ago and I'm dying to try them out.... but as Craig (thorpe67RS) can attest, the ground is a wee bit soggy right now. I wouldn't have any problem getting under the ball, that's for sure!

My best round.... Greystone in Walworth! Man, I love that course!
(I'm not tellin' what I shoot)
;)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts