Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From exhaust that is. Clean and sweet! Fired up the L88 this afternoon. I was pouring antifreeze into the radiator when my wife pulled into the garage. I said 'hop in and hit the key!' (I've been rebuilding/cleaning/upgrading all winter. Well, it was time. Everything was back together. She sat behind the wheel and cranked it. The dogs are still shaking and the neighbors are still starring. IT FIRED INSTANTLY and ran perfectly! No smoke. No sour exhaust. Instant throttle response and no leaks. Perfect! Trany too. I'm so high! Better than that stuff from Maui!
And a 12:5.1 motor sounds sooooooo good!:hurray: Timing was right on the button too. Pictures of burnouts to follow! Ahhhhhh

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
I commuted in a car with one of those until I decided to stroke it. It is an absolute ball to drive if you don't get arrested too many times. Have fun

·
Premium Member
8,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I commuted in a car with one of those until I decided to stroke it. It is an absolute ball to drive if you don't get arrested too many times. Have fun
Will do! Ya know, I've had the L88 since '68. Bought it a year before the car. It's been a hell of a lot of fun over the years. So was the L78 until it broke. But I better get the exhaust on, and clean the garage,, and go to the dump, and:D
Oh, this morning nearly all of the pictures hanging on walls in the house are crooked.

·
Premium Member
8,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I thought about it but chickened-out.

·
Premium Member
8,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks men. I'll try to post some snaps in the morning,,,but my new exhaust system is screaming to be installed.
Oh, I took the car to the end of our private road today. (it's paved and ripe for burnouts) Still working just fine. Whew.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts