Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, more like
. 1969 Camaro convertible -'70 red- I'm new to tuning and don't have a clue... It's been sitting in my garage for sometime and i figure its time to start working on it again. So it sits on jack-stands one of the two new door skins are on.... and we got new brakes(not on) I know it has a "GM replacement 4 bolt main" but i have no clue WTF that means. It has a 3 speed tranny with a hurst shifter(my father) There a hole all over the floor of this thing. I figured I'd give a hello to let y'all know that i'm hoping to learn something. And at the sametime get this thing to stand on its own.....

------------------
'69 convertible, stock, 3speed, dead
'01 vw jetta we 1.8t
'01 suzuki SV650S

·
Registered
207 Posts
you have a 4 bolt main block that is not the origanal

·
Registered
190 Posts
Welcome to the site!!! And good luck with your project - take it from me (learned the hard way) and don't look at the whole project at once. It's too overwhelming. Take it piece by piece and focus on that until it's done, then move to the next one. For inspiration I've got a sweet '69 Camaro on my computer's wallpaper that reminds me of what I'll have someday if I keep plugging away.

------------------
'69 Restification

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by c4boom:
you have a 4 bolt main block that is not the origanal<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

well, how am i supposed to know??? what is it then? My father says its all stock. he is a car nut, I am not...

·
11,296 Posts
69onjackstands, welcome to the site! There are quite a few NJers here on the board.

Lots of us have projects! me included.

Don't keep your questions to yourself, Ask away...

You have to get the numbers off of the car, engine, trans, rear, etc. to verify what you have. You can post them to the Tag team forum.
Also try out some searches, lots of great info in past posts.

Kevin

------------------
69' SS-350 Convert, M20, 3.55 posi. Totally Disassembled & in boxes (I'm working on it!)
69'(Hugger Orange -originally, Burgundy now) Z-21 Convert 327/PG, Driver

X

·
0 Posts
What part of jersey you from man? DO you ever go to any of the race tracks over there? I'm about five minutes out of jersey and I'm always over at Atco Raceway.

------------------
Tony
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>1979 Z-28, 350- Edelbrock Performer RPM Package- TH350
<LI>2000 Gmc Sonoma - 5-speed 4.10 rear
[/list]

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Central... in the middle of Middlesex... Helmetta (if you ask it doesnt exist, my co-works have never heard of it) I'm like 15 min away from Raceway Park (I can hear the funnies on nice summer nights)

·
Registered
315 Posts
Congrats on the purchase.

Like the others have said, welcome to the site and don't be shy about asking questions.

Oh, and don't forget about the search tool. You can get a lot of good information by using search.

Kel

------------------
My '68 SS396

North Texas Camaro Club

Is the glass half empty or half full???.....Neither, the glass is twice as large as it needs to be!

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
<--jersey guy! another one of us. if you need any help at all, these guys are the best! welcome to the site, good luck with your project.

·
11,296 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts