Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for one of my other cars "a 1995 Mitsubishi Mirage". Yesterday I decidede to try and clean it up a bit. I took it to the Car Wash and steam cleaned the engine. I made sure I left th engine running while doing it so it wouldn't shut off. I drove it home, and now it wont start back up anymore. I almost certain its obviously due to the wiring system getting wet, but what can I do to get it started again. I dried the spark wires and distributor, and checked and dried all of the visible connectors and she still won't start. She'll turn over, but thats about it!

Is there anything else I can do? :(

·
19,837 Posts
Have a leaf blower or air hose ??

Try blowing everything dry ?

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
wd40 under the distributor does help displace water.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I took the distributor cap off and wiped the inside down as best I could. There was only one drop of water in there. I cleaned the rotor blade as best I could, pulled the spark plugs and cranked the motor checking to see if I was getting spark. The spark was there. The plugs were soaked with gas. I cleaned the plugs, dried them with a torch, and set everything back in place. I sprayed the electronic module and wires with wire dry and let it sit for a while

She still won't start :(

I've been messing with this thing all day. Right now I have the battery out and sitting on a charger. Tomorrow I'l go out and try again with the hope of better results!

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
id start by checking if it as spark or fuel.

which ever its missing id go from there.
I also checked these things too. I honestly have no idea what's wrong with this thing. The only thing I can think may have happened is that the electronic module in the distibutor somehow shorted out and may have to be replaced!

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've found what was wrong. Somehow the timimg got knocked off. I have absolutely no idea how this could have happened, but somehow it did. :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts