Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know is jb weld can be used as a glue? i know this guy who's wife crashed her car into my, sorry i mean, her husbands truck hard enough to snap of the overflow nipple on the radiator. he was too pissed to really look at it but he thinks that it broke off clean. maybe he can fill the hole solid and drill and tap a new nipple?

·
Super Moderator
32,765 Posts
If the nipple is available, you can clean both the neck and the nipple in rubbing alcohol and mix a batch of JB Weld, roll the nipple in the JB Weld, and attach it onto the tank.

You might need to duct tape it to keep it from falling off, but let it cure overnight, and drill the nipple ID and it will hold.

A nice filet of JB, approximately 1/8-3/16 inch wide will do it.

It can be done. Patience is the key and a smooth filet with no holes and good adhesion to both parts is the key.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Trust me, you can fix almost anything with JB Weld. I prefer the "fast dry" type. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
I used JB weld to attach the water neck that broke off on my jeep GC plastic radiator. The hose neck mysteriously broke off up in the mountains on a holiday weekend. It actually held watertight for the 100 mile trip home.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys for the replys, it is out there curing. i'll know tommorow if it held, then on to the front end damage

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
does anyone know is jb weld can be used as a glue?
I am pretty sure JB weld is glue.
"weld" is just a marketing term they use for it, because it glues so well sometimes it can be used instead of welding.
I fixed a cracked TH350 case with it in 1990 and it is still working today.

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
I sealed a gas tank that was leaking from the pinch seam ,never did leak after that...back when I didn't have a lot of money and was young and ???oh well the stuff is good..Happy Motoring

·
Registered
662 Posts
yeah and it tastes a little funny

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
apparently the below freezing temp. hinders the curing time, after 6 hrs. it was still plyable so not to take any chances, i started over. going to wait 24 hrs. this time

1 - 13 of 13 Posts