Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know is jb weld can be used as a glue? i know this guy who's wife crashed her car into my, sorry i mean, her husbands truck hard enough to snap of the overflow nipple on the radiator. he was too pissed to really look at it but he thinks that it broke off clean. maybe he can fill the hole solid and drill and tap a new nipple?

·
Super Moderator
33,700 Posts
If the nipple is available, you can clean both the neck and the nipple in rubbing alcohol and mix a batch of JB Weld, roll the nipple in the JB Weld, and attach it onto the tank.

You might need to duct tape it to keep it from falling off, but let it cure overnight, and drill the nipple ID and it will hold.

A nice filet of JB, approximately 1/8-3/16 inch wide will do it.

It can be done. Patience is the key and a smooth filet with no holes and good adhesion to both parts is the key.

·
Premium Member
1,678 Posts
I used JB weld to attach the water neck that broke off on my jeep GC plastic radiator. The hose neck mysteriously broke off up in the mountains on a holiday weekend. It actually held watertight for the 100 mile trip home.

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
I sealed a gas tank that was leaking from the pinch seam ,never did leak after that...back when I didn't have a lot of money and was young and ???oh well the stuff is good..Happy Motoring

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.