Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any parts houses that you can buy a rubber pad for floor jacks that help prevent scratching paint? Or, does anyone have any other ideas on how to protect your undercarriage from your floor jack?

------------------
Dave
'69 Z11 Pace Car, 350/4 speed, manual top, console w/gauges, tilt rosewood wheel, AM radio

·
Registered
150 Posts
California Car Cover Co. has them listed in their catalog. They have pads for various size jacks and jack stands. Their web address is www.calcarcover.com
I'm sure many more places offer them, this is the only one that I know of though.

Bob

·
Registered
302 Posts
Cut up old rugs. I have fresh paint on all my undercarriage. I lay a piece of old rug on my jack before I lift the car. I do the same with my jack stands. Cheap and easy.

------------------

Dean

Racer#00

67 Camaro (Almost done!)
76 Trans Am Stock Car
68 Dodge D-100 P/U

·
Registered
51 Posts
On a similar note,I have a question.I have a habbit of jacking the rear of the car with a floor jack from the middle of the differental.Has anyone dammaged(cracked) the rear by doing this? Thank's

69 RS/SS Convert.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Eastwood also sells a jack pad, It's rubber screwed to a aluminum plate. I have never heard of anyone cracking a rearend housing by jackin it there, have seen some F-up sway bars though.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
I have always jacked mine up at the center of the diff. You just have be careful you don't damage the diff cover and cause a leak.

------------------
68 Camaro, 383 small block with TH350 trans. 11.98's at 111mph and never trailered.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts