Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Gold Lifetime Member
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_10002_769810_-1_10763

If you click on the image associated with this Jeg's - GM ZZ4 drop-in, turn key motor, you will see that is it complete with pulleys, belt alternator etc.

What is the belt driven unit on the top right side of the motor (left side of the picture)? It is about the same size as the alternator, but I have no idea what it is. Excuse the ignorance, and thanks!

·
Gold Lifetime Member
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, the A/C compressor crossed my mind, but I did not think that GM would just 'throw it in'. So, does that mean the lower left pull (below the alternator) is the power steering pump? If the answer is yes, do you know if it is positioned in a manner to drop into my '67 and 'hose' right up to my steering box?

Thanks for the prior quick response.

Also, what is a ZZ430?

·
Gold Lifetime Member
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You would be better off getting the crate engine that is not as complete and using your 67 accessories.

ZZ430 is also a GMPP crate motor.
Well, I am replacing a 6 cylinder/powerglide in my '67, I don't know if the pulley assembly is a plus or not. I don't believe I can use the 6 cylinder brackets and pulleys with the new motor.

I am probably three weeks away from having my new 24' x 30' garage completed. I am not going to start my '67 conversion until it is done. Two classics, and my wife's BMW in my 3-car garage is too many and not enough room to start another project.

Thanks again for your speed in responding!

·
Super Moderator
32,526 Posts
Be sure to ask for reverse rotation water pump before buying. According to the ad, it comes with standard rotation pump.

Won't work if using serpentine belt system.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts