Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey jim, wondering what kinda weather your getting in your parts, So far 13 inches up here,:sad: Ive been watching for click to post somewhere tonite, but hes probably buried by now, they were getting blizzard conditions all day up by him (15+ inches w/ 30+ winds) 20+ in duluth with 50mph winds:( ,this is 2nd biggest storm since holloween blizzard in 92, looks like it will be a while before the camaro will see the street. Just saying hi, gotta go.tired of movin snow around.:boring:

·
Premium Member
2,345 Posts
I'm about the same as you, Bruce.....12-13 inches. My son is happy with the school closed. I'll be firing up the 52 horse snowthrower soon and digging out. Might even have to find my snowmobile that's buried somewhere at the back of my shop....;)

·
Premium Member
2,345 Posts
Just thought you guys would like to know im just sitting here watching the snow melt on this calm 40 degree Friday morning. :D
Been watching the news again this morning about the tornadoes down south....man, I'll take being snowed in any day over that :sad: The students at the High School that was destroyed should be thankful more weren't killed....that building is trashed !! As a parent, my heart goes out to everyone down there in their time of tragedy.:(

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Well the last 3 months mild weather here in the Pacific NW 45 and rain( Washington) I work 35 miles north of where I live, heading home wednsday the temp.at work was 31 deg and freezing rain , I get home temp is 45 deg sunny ,I get up for work 3:00am all clear heading to work half way there drizzle of snow 29 deg. Get to with in 10 miles 4 in of snow get there 9 in of snow and a blizzard going on,now this morn. Nothing suppose to be 45 and sunny the last time it did this was 1989 (this late in the winter) the weather is bizarre everywhere this year ELNenio and weather patterns changing every few years and maybe a little global warming... (I watched a program about a yr. ago about weather patterns and they were saying in a nut shell weather patterns change from the norm. and can last 3 to 5 yrs. And back to norm for the area's of the country or world ..PNW is suppose to be drier and warmer than norm. this spring and summer, as last summer we were driest and hottest in 39 yrs…Hopping for sunny and 80 deg. Soon ...as always Happy Motoring

·
Gold Lifetime Member
2,623 Posts
they said 87 today. but it will be cold sunday (low 62/high 75)

·
Retired
16,027 Posts
Well so far we ended up with a bit over 13" in my driveway but it blowing around so much its hard to tell. My blower wouldnt run under load worth a crap. It idles but once I engaged the blower and tranny to start walking, it bogs down and dies. I had to keep giving it choke then more throttle, then it dies, pull starts right away and then idles but then no load running...grrrr.. called the guy that overhauled the carb last year, he knew right away, old stale gas had been sitting in it since April a year ago. I cleaned the carb. bowl but he said the internals of the carb are probably varnished yet. He said to run Sea Foam thru it, while idling. So I called the Mrs. and she got some on her way home from work, I will fire it up today again and let it idle half a tank of gas of Sea Foam and see if that helps. Darn old carbs hate me :(

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
Did a road trip yeasterday, to Booneville, MO and back. Passed thru a hurricane in Bloomington, IL, in St Louis it was 68 and sunny, back down to the lower 40's and cloudy around Columbia, never got better all the way home, but nothing coming down from the sky.

This morning it's snowing lightly, I think, the 40 mph wind is blowing it around so much it's hard to tell if anything new is coming down. I got one guy trying to get from Naperville to Delavan, WI, and another trying to get from Whitewater, WI to Rhinelander. Niether are particularly positive about thier chances... We'll see.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Well here near the shores of Lake Mille Lacs it looks like we have about 15 to 18 inches of new snow. An its snowing again!!!! Nice weather for a snowmobile ride....too bad I got rid of mine. I was so tired of not having any snow and having to move my sled around in the garage that I gave up on snow :sad: . I would rather have some nice car cruisin weather!!!!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:hurray: Im Done Im Done, Blowing snow that is, click Im having the same problem with my blower & put some sea foam in & it seems like its getting better slowly, mybe i didnt put enough in first time. (went through 3 tanks of gas). :boring: Boy that made me tired:boring: But now i have to go to work:mad: Well guys I"ll talk to yous all later, Im waiting for a chance to get a pic of my whole car instead of just the interior (in my profile). Dont have digitals of it yet. Comming soon.:yes:

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Try some race fuel ,as I did in my lawn mower and it ran so good ,it cut my lawn my nighbors his nighbors and his and so on ,now it won't run on regular spoiled it only runs on 112 :D ...Happy Motoring...I am going home and have a beer for you guys ...stay warm...:beers:

·
Premium Member
1,952 Posts
Gezz Jim,
I wanted to grab a jacket just looking at those pictures. :eek:
That is nasty.
Run for your life... come on down to Florida.

Don't use racing fuel, a friend tried 110 in his lawn mower - he blew the engine. :clonk:

·
Retired
16,027 Posts
Well I really did it now.. I ran a bunch of Sea Foam thru that snowblower, had it on high idle for 30 min, then low idle for 30 min... then new gas and a bit more Sea Foam and started to blow snow but it still didnt like 4th gear and blowing at all, kept stalling out, flip the choke to keep it running, it settled down then ran good for 10 sec. then stalled and died. Started back up and repeat same over and over. Last time it died it sounded 'tight' when it stopped. ut oh yep it froze up, recoil rope wont budge it, I fried the engine. Guess there was something else going on besides fuel issues. Called my small engine guru and new Tecumseh 7hp is available, $430 + shipping but thats alot cheaper than over $1000 for new blower. Rest of the unit works good, 4 speed plus reverse tranny and 3 stages of augers all in good shape for a 1973 AMF blower.
Ahh the turns in life we take. time for :beers:

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
Jerome, It seems this year we have been on the border of freezing rain and snow since Dec. It sucks. I guess we won't get much sympathy from these guys blowing snow, but this isn't what I've been used to for winter in a while. I live in the hills outside of Portland and it has snowed here everyday since Sun. If I wanted Alaska's weather, I would live there.:(

·
Premium Member
2,345 Posts
Now Jim, you've lived enough life to know what's going to happen as soon as you put a new engine in it...........the rest of it HAS to fall apart...:yes:

Personally, I would put a Briggs in it before another Tecumseh, but that may need modification to bolt up.

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Harvard: yah no sympathy from the mid west guys oh well there the ones freezing hehehe,personally myself I don't mind the rain 9 months a year, a lot better than what there going through ,I am always cold under 70 deg so minus temps would kill me hehehe .I am glad my grand parents moved out here from New York 94 yrs ago, we have been in this different weather pattern for 2 yrs now and they say 3 to 5 yrs of changing patterns so warmer and dryer than normal is ok by me that just means warmer= lots of rain in winter and = drier and hotter in summer ,Jim put some race fuel in that thing ,gots lots a lead and as we know ol motors love that….oh well 40 and rain it shall be,yah snow that’s mountain stuff, Take care Harvard and you mid west guys I feel for ya ,hang in there weather patterns will be back to norm in 2 to 3 more years always to all Happy motoring:beers:

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
Ya, Now today its sunny and 60. Go figure! I guess it pays to complain.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts