Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would post my hello in the welcome wagon thread.

My name is Joe, I'm from the Buffalo, NY area (go Sabres!)
I own a 69 Camaro that I have had for 14+ years now.

Here is part of the original history of me buying the car:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/wnycarclubscom

Ended up getting it for $1500. The day we brought it home, we took it apart.

7 years ago I was diagnosed with Hodgkins Disease and shelved the car for a while during my treatment. The front end was disassembled so we could replace all the front end bushings, etc. The good news is that I have been in remission for 6+ years :)

But the car still sat for the past few years because I met my wife, got engaged, bought a house, got married, etc... My wife last year was saying that she NEVER sat in my car. I told her I needed more $$$ to do it right and she freed up some cash and told me to get it done.

So now, it's almost done. I had the car soda blasted and gone through. The small block is gone and has been replaced with a big block 470 with a 2004r transmission, mated to a 4.11 12 bolt from a 66 Chevelle.

The color is 2003 Corvette Electron Blue Metallic and GM bright White.
Wheels will be Billet Specialties 17" GTX20.

Hoping to get the car done for the start of the show season here in Buffalo in March.

A gallery of over 850 progres pictures can be seen here:
http://www.rodandpiston.com/pictures.asp?id=other_events/camarojoe

I have another 100+ to still add to the gallery.

Here are a few pics of the progress.

Before it was going into the soda blaster

Front end off with paint. And yes, I am getting a differnt heater core box. I overlooked it with the build :(

Some paint :)

Motor fits soooo nice in there

And I'm big into the car show scene in the Buffalo area. Myself and my friend / business partner run the website www.rodandpiston.com (previously www.wnycarclubs.com)

We have over 112,000 pictures from over 720 events on our site. So on those rainy cold days, check out some of the cars from our neck of the woods.

We also hold one of the largest 1 day shows in the Western New York area. The 5th Annual RodandPiston.com Super Cruise will be on Sunday July 8, 2007 if any of you are in the area.

So there is my long hello. This site has been a huge resource in putting my Camaro back together the RIGHT way. :D :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Welcome Joe! Your Camaro is looking good! :waving:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Here's to staying healthy. The car is looking great. I would say "Go Bruins" but we do not have alot to cheer about......Go PATS!:beers:

·
Registered
722 Posts
Hey Joe, fellow Buffalonian here... Hope to meet you at a cruise this year. I've been on your site and it's first rate! :thumbsup:

Keep up the good work.

John

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Joe, fellow Buffalonian here... Hope to meet you at a cruise this year. I've been on your site and it's first rate! :thumbsup:

Keep up the good work.

John
Hey John... Thanks :)
So have I seen you Camaro around. Always looking for more 1st Gens to hang with. Hope to see you at the shows this spring! Come show your Camaro at our show on July 8th
http://www.rodandpiston.com/features/randp_5th_supercruise.asp

I'll be taking a few road trips with the Camaro this summer also. Up to the Canadian Camaro Show and possibly Carlisle.

·
Retired
16,005 Posts
wow another Joe and a 69.. our moderator Joe is up that way too. you guys need to start a support group :) welcome

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
wow another Joe and a 69.. our moderator Joe is up that way too. you guys need to start a support group :) welcome
There are a decent amount of F-bodies up here. Plus Camaro Specialties is 30 minutes away from me in East Aurora.

Plus I think 50% of the guys in the car hobby out here are named Joe. I know so many of them.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Hey John... Thanks :)
So have I seen you Camaro around. Always looking for more 1st Gens to hang with. Hope to see you at the shows this spring! Come show your Camaro at our show on July 8th
http://www.rodandpiston.com/features/randp_5th_supercruise.asp

I'll be taking a few road trips with the Camaro this summer also. Up to the Canadian Camaro Show and possibly Carlisle.
You've popped a few pics of my car at various shows and cruises (here's one that I found at a old S&R cruise night at runwayz).

http://www.rodandpiston.com/picview.asp?id=cruise/sandr01/1&n=6

I'm Planning on Carlisle this year with Dean (SickT9) from the great white north. Maybe you can join the caravan??? See the cruise-in forum Carlisle thread for more info on where the TC'ers will be leaving and staying.

I think it was your father??? He took a great shot of my car at the WWCamaro nats in 2001 at UB (I didn't find that easily this time on your site, but I think the link still worked the last time I checked. I don't have time right now to search the post that I linked the photo up with...)

Anyway it was a great shot. The best ever taken of my car. I'll look later and try to post the link.

-John

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You've popped a few pics of my car at various shows and cruises (here's one that I found at a old S&R cruise night at runwayz).

http://www.rodandpiston.com/picview.asp?id=cruise/sandr01/1&n=6

I'm Planning on Carlisle this year with Dean (SickT9) from the great white north. Maybe you can join the caravan??? See the cruise-in forum Carlisle thread for more info on where the TC'ers will be leaving and staying.

I think it was your father??? He took a great shot of my car at the WWCamaro nats in 2001 at UB (I didn't find that easily this time on your site, but I think the link still worked the last time I checked. I don't have time right now to search the post that I linked the photo up with...)

Anyway it was a great shot. The best ever taken of my car. I'll look later and try to post the link.

-John

Wow, Runwayz... That was a longggg time ago.
As for the UB show, I'm not sure what happened to those pictures. We are on our 5th server now since our sites keep growing and they probably got archived. I'm sure my father has the pictures still.
That was a real nice show too. I just started working at UB then and would hang out at the show for my lunch break :)

Have you had your Camaro at many other local shows? I searched ToyFest and didn't see you in there.

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Welcome Joe, from Washington St. very nice job you are doing ,and above all , you know you are blessed by the Lord and I am very happy for you, have fun with your friend (camaro) and take your wife for a nice ride …Take care and Happy Motoring

·
Registered
722 Posts
Wow, Runwayz... That was a longggg time ago.
As for the UB show, I'm not sure what happened to those pictures. We are on our 5th server now since our sites keep growing and they probably got archived. I'm sure my father has the pictures still.
That was a real nice show too. I just started working at UB then and would hang out at the show for my lunch break :)

Have you had your Camaro at many other local shows? I searched ToyFest and didn't see you in there.

I haven't done toyfest since '04, it was a regular for me until then. I live in the southtowns and usually hang at Duffs on Mondays and sometime Cheers on Weds. Once in a while I did the Falcon on thurs. As for shows, I skipped all in '06, did a few in '05 and most were before then. The most were Southgate, Toyfest, a few others here and there. I'll definitley look for you this coming year.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts