Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I just acquired a 68 Camaro SS. I am decifering the codes as best I can but for 68 there isn't much info. From what little I could put together. I have a black, with houndstooth interior, V8, norwood built on or around
5/13/68.

It has multi leaf springs, disc brakes and a auto trans. (not sure if th 350 or 400)
I can't seem to be able to tell what motor it came with originally as it has a 427 now.

I have been hovering around gaing much info here for a couple days and decided to join in.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hey How about this logic adding to the sentimental value of my new Camaro.

According to numbers researched the serial numbers for May 1968 went from 426001 to 448000 = 21999 cars. Now assumming a 5 day work week and memorial Day off that leaves 22 working days. @ 1,000 cars per day my serial # puts my build on May 13, which also happens to be my birthday.

There was another statisical data sheet with different numbers but put the car in the same build date. it showed more total and more perday but the formula came out the same.

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Hey How about this logic adding to the sentimental value of my new Camaro.

According to numbers researched the serial numbers for May 1968 went from 426001 to 448000 = 21999 cars. Now assumming a 5 day work week and memorial Day off that leaves 22 working days. @ 1,000 cars per day my serial # puts my build on May 13, which also happens to be my birthday.
Wow thats cool!!

·
Retired
16,005 Posts
Welcome and be sure to use CRG Camaros Research Group for you decoding information, not other sites that have alot of errors in them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts