1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
14,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
July 2018 Team Camaro RIDE of the MONTH

The Month of July ROTM is for all Generations

The Team Camaro Ride Of The Month is sponsored by

One Grand Prize Winner receives from NPD:
T-shirts, hats, license plate, decals, NOS GM sales brochure or other period marketing items from Rick's personal
collection, and a $100 gift certificate!

The 1st Runner-up receives from Matts Classic Bowties a $50 Gift Certificate

Important Dates

NOMINATIONS:
Now through July 20th: Please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
Submissions posted after
23:59 hours (11:59 pm) Pacific Time on the 20th will not be included in the competition for this month

VOTING:

July 21st through the 30th : A Voting thread with poll will be added to this forum
section on the 21st containing the nominations. All members will get the chance to vote on their favorite. The person with the most
votes by
MIDNIGHT PACIFIC the 30th of July will be the winner for
the month of July 2018.

In the event of a tie the winner will be the contestant that entered 1st

All nominations:
Must post three (3) Recent photos sized to 640 x 480 pixels.

These three (3) photos must be of the mandatory views listed below.

• one front/side angle (drivers side preferred)
  • one interior shot taken from the open door
  • one over all engine bay picture.

• Limit description of your entry to 150 words or less

Optional: A fourth photo (not required to enter) of any angle - dead on rear view, or front,
or any other aspect of your ride you want to showcase, especially if you are a resto-mod-pro-street or Protouring entry and have mods listed in
your entry such as trunk customizations, or sound systems, wheels, paint detail etc.

Note: NO collages, No slide show links, No videos, and lastly No nudity.

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
I did not realize it was already open.

·
14,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ROTM starts the 1st of each month

·
Premium Member
1,979 Posts
You can count me in. I just need tome to take pics and I'll see if I can convince Jonathon to join the fight

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
I will put Clementine back in to help get this started. 69 X-77. Every nut , bolt, wire, was removed. Was an X drag car out of New York. All the work done by me, with the exception of the paint. Paint was sprayed by my buddy in his home made booth. 302, Muncie , 12 bolt car. Built the way the factory should have. Yes it has chrome trim and A/C. The truck is my other ride. Has been a blast to drive. Just broke 300 miles.

Attachments

·
14,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If we don’t get 4 entries we’ll roll it over into August ROTM

All past runner ups are ok to enter.

I might even enter my 66 Chevelle

·
Premium Member
1,310 Posts
I will add my 68 restomod to the list since I just got to finish and drive it in the past few days...355 10.1 smallblock, TH350 tranny,Vintage AC, 12 bolt Moser rear with RideTech 4 link. Front suspension has BMR tubular uppers and lowers Viking coilovers and willwood brakes front and rear. TMI interior with pro front seats. SpeedHut gauges, Total wiring is new.
615473AB-21A1-454E-AF60-34C216B39651.jpg

BF6BB944-EF0E-41A8-B925-3438B0D55F37.jpg

11C54895-E747-47DE-9565-F5E29C711CF8.jpg

733022AB-DAE6-4E63-A6A5-8C31A8374A5E.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,979 Posts
As promised - Here is my '68 Pro-tour. This restoration took 3 years from start to finish(well almost - 98% now) and been off the road 19 years. It is packing a 572BB followed by a Tremec 6-speed and backed with a Moser 9" with 4:11's. Full Martz Chassis sub-frame with tubular a-arms and 6 piston Wilwood discs up front and Martz weld in subframe connectors, 4-link set-up with 4 piston Wilwood discs and Q-A1 coilovers at all 4 corners. I used Martz mini tubs and sectioned the rear frame rails. Wheels are Boze Splitters wrapped in Toyo Proxxies. Fronts are 275's on a 9.5 x 18" wheel and rears are 335's on 12 x 18" wheel. Interior is totally custom as well as the paint with the stripes having a one off Pearl Rose Lace pattern using real lace as a stencil and buried in clear. Front and rear bumpers are shaved and tucked.

Attachments

Reactions: Smitty68

·
14,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great entries so far.

We need one onre to make it a contest

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
Hard to believe that only 3 people on this site really have a Camaro.😵

·
Registered
333 Posts
I'll be getting mine ready for a show at the end of the month. Once detailed out I'll get some pics and get it on here. Busy travel schedule right now or I'd do it sooner.

·
14,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If we don’t get a fourth by the end of the day on Friday we will roll everybody over to August

·
Premium Member
1,979 Posts
Does say all generations but doesn't specify a Camaro - well other than this being Team Camaro and all lol. I'd love to see your Chevelle posted up personally. If allowed, I can post up my 2018 Silverado that I busted into with mods already. For paid members, rules can be bent right?!?:wink2:

·
14,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
bending rules? then wonder why no one wants to enter:crying:
The Team wanted to keep ROTM going.

Can't have a contest with only 3 entrants competing for 2 prizes can we?

Ideas to make it interesting?

Ideas to get more participation?

No we are not going to enter anything except Camaros.

Reactions: flat tire

·
Gold Lifetime Member
856 Posts
The Team wanted to keep ROTM going.

Can't have a contest with only 3 entrants competing for 2 prizes can we?

Ideas to make it interesting?

Ideas to get more participation?

No we are not going to enter anything except Camaros.
I quite enjoy the ROTM and hope very much that it continues. One thing that comes to mind to generate more interest, is to make it more visible. Currently the winner is only visible in the voting thread as far as I can tell. Perhaps feature the ROTM winner on the home page or something. This may be easier said than done given that any modifications to the website seem to be very difficult to accomplish. There is a "Ride of the Month - Winner's Circle" that appears not to be used in some time, and a sticky, "Ride of the Month - Home and Hall of Fame" that also has not been updated recently. Also, the ROTM winner used to get an avatar. That was a nice idea. The prizes are fantastic, I don't think there is any need for improvement there. I really enjoyed the experience last time, I have entered multiple times but never had come close to winning. Last month it was very close between the cars that finished in the top 3, and could have gone any way. It was actually pretty thrilling to watch. I would encourage anyone considering to enter. It's a lot of fun.

·
14,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
We are working on the avatar permission for the ROTM winners

Reactions: 68Tiger and Mike_M
1 - 20 of 38 Posts