1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
June 2015 RIDE of the MONTH Entries!
Important Dates

NOMINATIONS:
Now through May 15th: Please post your entries and pictures in this thread. Submissions posted after 23:59 hours (11:59 pm) Pacific Time on the 15th will not be included in the competition

VOTING:

May 16th through May 27th: A poll will be added to this thread on the 16th containing the nominations. All members will get the chance to vote on their favorite. The person with the most votes by MIDNIGHT PACIFIC the 28th of May will be the winner for the month of June!

The June 2015 ROTM is sponsored by

Rules for nominations
Cars that are currently up for sale may not be nominated!

All nominations:

Please post 3 recent photos; no more, no less.
Note: NO collages, No slide show links, No videos, and lastly No nudity.
In addition for Resto/Mod vehicles:
Must include a list of the vehicles current Modifications.

Final Notes

• Pictures must be of current state of car with the only exception being seasonal photos with winter tires on.
  • Parts currently for sale or waiting to be installed may not be included in your listing.
  • If your wheels/tires/suspension/etc. are currently up for sale, even if still on car, they cannot be listed in the mod list.
  • No "Future Modifications" either used to pad your listing.
Remember; please post your entries and pictures ONLY in this thread.

Let's see your rides and all your hard work! GOOD LUCK !

·
Registered
58 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Something a little different. :D This is the car my father special ordered and purchased new in April of 1968. Rallye Green with black vinyl top, black deluxe interior. It is still all original and unrestored. L78, M21 BT coded 12 bolt and I still have the p-o-p. Sold new at Glasscock Chevrolet in Willoughby, OH.

Modifications:
Actual Day 2 Hurst shifter, Hooker headers and homemade style traction bars.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
70 RS

I bought it in 1983. Drove it for a few years going through a couple of engine/trans combos. I started to get serious in 1987. It was a one owner car, but it was from Ohio so of course it had some rust.

I was working as a tech at a GM dealer and got smoking deals on all new GM panels, fenders, quarters, door skins, trunk lid, etc. All new glass.

Anyway, I did all the work myself except the quarters and spraying the Sikkens enamel.

I "learned" how to wet sand and buff on this car. The paint was well cured. I had it painted in 1988 and it sat in storage for about 4 years because I was living in an apartment and didn't have anyplace to work on it.
When I got my own house with a garage, it went under the knife in a big way. I spent a couple of months wet sanding and buffing it. The paint has only had minor touch-ups to this day. The Harwood hood and bumpers are fiberglass. Recaro seats were added. Budnik steering wheel. Tilt column came from a 77 Camaro. I installed a Vintage Air compact heater with defrost under the dash.

During this time I did all the mechanicals.
I built a moderate 350 with a Z-28 block, oil pump, windage tray and pan. Edelbrock aluminum heads, (with mild porting) forged crank and slugs. Comp 268 cam, Comp Pro magnum roller rockers, Edelbrock Performer RPM manifold (polished), Holley 750 VS, DUI HEI, Hooker Super Comp headers (Jet-Hot coated), complete Hooker mandrel-bent exhaust system. B&M 350 trans and B&M holeshot 11" converter were also installed. Rear is a 8.5 with 3.42 gears. Trans Am rear discs. Quick-ratio steering box (chromed).

I then turned my attention to the suspension. I went with a Vette Brakes & Products transverse composite mono spring system in the front, using their control arms and sway bars. Koni shocks.
The rear springs are also light weight VBP composite. Competition Engineering subframe connectors. Boyd's 17" wheels and Nitto 555 rubber.

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Randy and Jon, you need three photos to nominate.

Jon I sent you a PM to send me the two missing pictures and I would edit them down to usable sizes for you since you were having issues.

Randy I'll merge your two posts into one nomination but you still need to post a third or be disqualified.

·
Registered
588 Posts

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
1968 true SS car. original 396/375 with 4:88 gears. now has a fully forged 383 with a 12 bolt 3:55 gears. bought the car in 72. 1 outer and 1 inner fender along with the radiator support has been replaced. all stainless exhaust. competition engineering drag shocks along with their traction bars. original interior except for front seats. original color, but repainted

·
Registered
853 Posts
Some nice cars getting the nod! I already have a favorite....

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Hey Guys,

Here is my 69 SS (X55) Vert in Lemans Blue with Ivory White Stripes. It has power steering, power discs on all four corners, power top and power windows. It is now packing an LS1 with a T56 Six Speed and a 3.73 geared Posi out back. My forever car!

Attachments

·
14,285 Posts
Let's see if we can get a few more nominations in the next 2 days:beers:

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
That thing is freakin sweet... Love the look..:thumbsup:
Ya it is! He just made my vote decision a lot tougher. Sorry Darrell lol. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,852 Posts
I like your pic from last month Kevin, you got my vote with it!
1968 true SS car. original 396/375 with 4:88 gears. now has a fully forged 383 with a 12 bolt 3:55 gears. bought the car in 72. 1 outer and 1 inner fender along with the radiator support has been replaced. all stainless exhaust. competition engineering drag shocks along with their traction bars. original interior except for front seats. original color, but repainted

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.